So my topic is, "To what extent is beauty important in contemporary world?" I know this title sounds stupid and vague and that's why i need some help. WHat I aim to research is how the importance on the aesthetic appeal of the artworks in museums changed over the years and how it helps our understanding of art. So I'm looking at two (female) contemporary artists, one who puts a lot of emphasis on the aesthetic appeal of her work and the other whose art is very conceptual and doesn't make sense when you first look at it.

So, I just want help in clearing up my title so that it's more narrow and sounds less stupid..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, not sure if you still need help, but I recently finished my art EE. Your plan for a structure sounds good, but yeah, the question is definitely too broad. I would suggest mentioning visual art in the title, as well as the artists you will be researching. Perhaps also a certain style, if you intend to do that. Good luck!

My question was : "How did the ukiyo-e print movement develop in Japan throughout the Tokugawa period, and influence European art after this period of isolation?"

Also, make sure you include lots of images and in-depth analysis of them, because that was something I needed to improve.

p.s. (I've found that Art EE's are generally easier to write too, so good choice!)

• Like 1

WHat I aim to research is how the importance on the aesthetic appeal of the artworks in museums changed over the years and how it helps our understanding of art. So I'm looking at two (female) contemporary artists...

Although I don't have VA (my school, sadly, doesn't offer it), regarding the title itself I'd just say something like The effect of aesthetic appeal on understanding works of (Artist 1) and (Artist 2). 

Good luck with your EE! :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I never thought that I'd actually get replies for this post. I'm really grateful for your replies even though I looked at them after I had submitted my draft. Err..  :blush:

But thank you so much for given time to reply to this post anyways!! :clap: