English EE - Confidants

Joe.M

Hello, 

I'm doing my extended essay on English and came up with the following  topic: 

A comparative exploration on the use of Mr. Singer & Stephen as confidants in Carson McCullers'  The Heart is a Lonely Hunter and Alden Nowlan’s The Glass Roses.

I was just wondering if any red flags come to mind after reading this topic.  I was expected to have come up with a topic by the end of the summer and consult my supervisor at the begging of the  school year but had recently stumbled upon this forum and decided to ask you guys. I guess I'm just looking for a green light from an outsider so I can feel confident that I won't waste my time working on a doomed paper.

Thank you  for any replies in advance.

EDIT: I am set on this topic but now I am in need of feedback for the research question I have in my mind:

What is the role and significance of confidants in  Carson McCullers'  The Heart is a Lonely Hunter and Alden Nowlan’s The Glass Roses?

Edited by Thrashmaster
Text too small

Looks great! Really. You've hit a topic right on the head.    

:chair:

You've got a literary focus, a precise (and viable) topic of research, and comparative approach. Well done.

Now to formulate your topic as a research *question* !  That's yet another step.

Edited by Blackcurrant

Thanks for the reply! After multiple revisions, I think I came up with the right question and was looking for outsider feedback. 

The research question:

What is the role and significance of confidants in  Carson McCullers'  The Heart is a Lonely Hunter and Alden Nowlan’s The Glass Roses?

Edited by Joe.M