Some problems with statistics. HELP!

Bruns

Hi, I am writing to ask if someone could help me with a big doubt I have. I want to do a degree satisfaction statistic study for which I had created a survey. The problem is that I want to know how could I use the questions I added and what I can study from their result, such as the mean, the average, etc. The type of questions I added are the following:

1. The experience in whatever has been rewarding ...?

a) Completely rewarding

b) Rewarding

c) Not rewarding at all

d) Completely not rewarding

2. How would you rate your experience in whatever...?

From 1-10

a) 1

b) 2

c) 3

3. Did you like the food from whatever..?

a) Yes

b) No

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

Btw, I do not have Maths Studies (that's why I'm asking this).

If I understood you correctly, you could attach numerical value, say, points, to every descriptive answer. Then you can just use those scores for calculation to get your means/medians/whatever else you need. :) For example, in the first question:

1. The experience in whatever has been rewarding ...?

a) Completely rewarding - 3

b) Rewarding - 2

c) Not rewarding at all - 1

d) Completely not rewarding -

If you had four people answer a), three b), two c) and one person which answered d), you would have a total of 20 points, and your average would then be 2.0, out of maximum 3.0 (if everyone would answer a)). Hope this helps! :)

Oh, and PS: What do you mean as difference in "Not rewarding at all" and "Completely not rewarding"? Frankly, to me it's a bit confusing.

• 2 weeks later...