I start my ib diploma tomorrow and i was wondering if any one could go over my subject selection and tell me if it's, idk, ok or something? Seriously i just need opinions!

Economics HL

Physics HL

English A HL

Chemistry SL

Maths SL

French ab initio

So what do u folks think?

Hello!
Your options seem fine, it's possible to do well in all of them with good time-managment as is the case with all subjects in the IB, you need good time management.

But I would like to make some comments regarding two of your subjects. 

Firstly, Physics HL is known to be hard course, so you need to be doing well in your current-level Physics to cope with the challenging concepts introduced in Physics HL. All my friends that do it tend to face many concepts that are complicated and end up learning it just for the sake of the exam but find it really hard to understand the subject fully. Also, it has a lot of Mathematics involved too, so it is recommended to take Maths HL with Physics HL, but it isn't absolutely required if you're good enough in Mathematics, but you need to have a good mathematical background to achieve in Physics. If you'd like to be on the safe side and can make another subject HL, I suggest you study Physics SL with Maths SL to make your life easier if it's not necessary for you. If it is necessary for your university course as a requirement, then by all means continue with Physics HL, but work really hard.

Secondly, ab initio language courses are known to be challenging because it is expected from you to reach a standard competency level in that language after the two years of learning it, adequate to the same level of language students attain in that language when they first study Language B. (this obviously differs between cases depending on how well you can grasp new languages and how much you like it). This isn't anything official stated by the IB about the curriculum of ab initio, but many students who have done the course do think so. You can do well in French ab initio if you work hard in it obviously. But if you would like to ease your overall IB experience and focus on your other five subjects, it would be a good idea to take a language you're fluent at at Language B level. And since you're based in Pakistan, I'm guessing you speak Urdu maybe? So why not take Urdu B or any other language you speak at B level as it can be an easy 7?

Hope I helped, good luck!

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it!

Well the thing is my school just recently got the ib diploma authorization and this will be their first batch!! So they currently do not have much subject choice.

Urdu is not currently being offered. Actually french is the only second language being offered. I have zero experience in it, so by default i have no choice but to choose ab initio for french.

I'm decent in math and do not want to risk amping it up to the higher level and then regretting it.

I'm decent in physics too haha. However since i heard it's grade boundaries are a bit favourable i decided to stick with it. Chemistry hl is out of the question as i hate the subject lmao. I'm only keeping it at sl because i want to avoid bio, which requires alot of memorization. Well from what i've heard that is.

Man i'm worried since this is the first batch but i don't mind taking a gamble either :D

Hello again, I'm glad you appreciate it! Not a problem. :)
Hahaha alright, fair enough then. Good luck!
And regarding being the first batch, don't worry, there may be some issues with the school here and there with the teaching since there isn't prior experience with the course. But if the school is well-managed, you should no have no problems at all :) Also, it's very important to keep in mind that the students themselves contribute a big portion to how well they do. So don't rely fully on the school, they only give you the resources and teach you. But you should effectively manage your own time and study the syllabus to do well in the exams at the end of the course. Good luck! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me :D