Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talalwarsi5897

FOA
Cue cards or paper for FOA?

Hey, so I have an FOA in 2 days, and I was was wondering whether we could use a paper with some written material on it for the FOA?

I have a lot of stuff that i need to say exactly like it is, and it's kind of difficult to remember everything as it is. 

There was an earlier post, i think, that said that using cue cards will get you marked down harshly, so I'm a bit confused.

If someone could clarify this within the next 2 days, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Cheers.

Remember? 

It is always better to know your FOA inside out--and that includes being able to express thoughts precisely, without the temptation of reading off a paper. Cue cards with a word or phrase should be enough. Highly recommendable, actually. 

1 person likes this

Remember, because I have a bunch of quotes and statements from various linguists very pertinent to my topic, which i pretty much need to say without missing a single word. And it gets a bit confusing when I try to remember them because some of the theories contradict each other so i often find myself mixing up words. But that's about it. So would it be alright if i could just read out the quotes?

P.S- Thanks for always being the first one to respond, haha.

Yeaah--just go ahead. It is totally understandable. You won't lose points for that. And it is better than turning a ppt. into a list of points. So just read your quotes off the cue cards.

Oh--and Good luck, on your FOA in two days :dance2: I'm sure you'll do great, considering how well organized you are.

What's your topic, by the way?

1 person likes this

Thanks! 

I've chosen to do it on Code switching. Yeah, it may seem like an extremely overdone topic, but I've done enough research to hopefully make up for it.