ibstudent77

I want to major in business management. My current subjects are:

Biology HL

Business Management HL

Economics HL

Math SL

English A SL

Spanish SL

Will it hurt my chances dropping to Math Studies? I've never been good at math, and it takes up a lot of time, taking Studies might let me focus more on Business and Economics? Help needed here.

Also, Biology seems to involve a lot of Chemistry, which I have no idea about, everyone in Biology has a background of Chemistry, is it suggested to take Psychology HL instead of Biology HL? Keep in mind I'm in the 11th grade, and I've been in Biology for a month. I won't need Biology in my future, but I won't need Psychology either I guess.

All help appreciated.

If you want to major in business and management then it's good you chose it on HL. In some universities, they require history for that as well but as long as you're sure that's not the case, you're fine. 

About Math studies, again, it depends on the university. Most universities (it might be like 2:1 ratio though...) aren't too happy about applicants with math studies and it's usually better to have 4-5 on standard level than 6-7 in studies. But I know what you mean, I'm not that good at math either and it takes a lot of time after school so I'd drop down if I could...

Biology indeed does involve a lot of Chemistry, which is kind of ironic since usually people take Bio to avoid Chem but in this case, it's impossible  :clap: Actually, if you have Psychology offered at your school, I'd take it if I were you. Mostly cause it's incredibly interesting (however it's always subjective) and it might be of good use in business. Well, definitely more than Bio or Chem. 

Biology only gets harder in time especially if you're HL because of the remarkable amount of details and material in general. If you're not interested in it or you simply don't need it, I advise you not to take Biology.

However, the choice is yours but I think Psychology would be a better idea considering that you need this subject on HL and the rest of the sciences are tough if you're taking them on the higher level. But here I have a question, as a matter of fact. Are you sure you can switch Biology to Psychology?? Because they're not in the same group. As long as you already have another subject chosen from Group 4 it's no issue but otherwise it could be problematic...

Good luck!!!  :blowkiss: