IA Econ Portfolio

Well, the first thing I'd recommend is talking to your teacher because he or she would know your major pitfalls and can offer specific advice for you. But for my economics commentaries, I used the outline recommended by Tim Woods (his website has a ton of awesome resources for Economics) and also have a look at Welkers Wikinomics. I also recommend looking up some sample commentaries that got A's so you can compare their type of analysis and structure to your own. 

• Like 1

I'll talk to my teacher about that. Looking over my commentaries over the last year, I see that they're a bit disorganized, as I was never clear on the structure of an Econ commentary. That outline by Tim woods really helped get my thoughts together, so I think I'll be able to get a much better grade next time. Thanks anotheribkid.

For the article, I would look for something that doesn't go into so much depth for whatever topic you are doing because you'll feel more inclined to follow their analysis rather than it being something of your own. Make sure it is something that you could apply economics concepts to without it being overly complicated.