Does Boy Scouts count for CAS?

John Lakers

Any fellow Boy Scouts out there? I'm wondering if being in Boy Scouts counts for CAS as it is a youth service organization. Or do only service projects in Boy Scouts count for CAS? I attend Boy Scout meetings each week, so can those add up to CAS hours?

Also, what would Boy Scouts go under? Creativity, Action, Service, or any combination of the three?

Edited by Heli Nguyen

I think you could probably find a way to count it for all 3. Obviously, only the times you're doing service would count as service, but you could probably get a few action and creativity hours in there too. So long as you're not payed, not getting school credit, and it isn't mandated by the state, you can count it for CAS if you can argue it. I'd say go for it, just make sure you have pretty clear planning sheets about the differences in goals and improvements :)

Hi I'm a venture not sure if you have this classification but where I live there is, anyways ventures are extremely similar to boy scouts and from what I know yes it does count as CAS but only the service projects within the Scouts. The ordinary meeting do not count unless you are teaching younger scouts. I assume you have achieved several badges, through your badge achievements they should count as CAS as well. 

As for what service projects in the Boy Scouts fit in CAS, it fits for all three combinations of CAS but it depends on what the content of the service projects are. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...