How many people in your Maths class?

Abu

So there are 2 people in the Maths HL class, and 5 in the Maths SL class. Only 7 doing the IB dip while one doing certs.

Don't you prefer smaller classes? Makes it so much better, however, the other girl in my class has been absent for a few weeks, so the class gets ever so boring.

So there are 2 people in the Maths HL class, and 5 in the Maths SL class. Only 7 doing the IB dip while one doing certs.

:0

Our classes vary a lot. Some classes have almost 30 students, other less than 10. I think there is both pro and cons when it comes to bigger and smaller classes. I do prefer smaller classes because then you can interact more easily with the students and the teachers and somehow have real discussions and there is a slightly smaller pressure because you can get more people and time from the teacher. However at the same time, the expectations are higher since you then become more closer to everyone. Bigger classer can give a more impersonal feeling and everyone must keep up with the work.

There are two Math SL classes since there are so many students taking it so in our I think there is about 20 students as well in the other class. Could me more though. I would prefer it if it was less because in math, many needs help and it's annoying to always have to wait and wait for over a half hour because the teacher is going around to help everyone and sometimes starts to chat...

Why just maths classes? ;)

Well my maths class was actually pretty big (proportionate to the whole class. 7 people in the whole class, 6 did SL or HL (1 studies). Since SL and HL had the same teacher, that's 6 in one class and 1 with the Studies teacher. I don't know how he coped, really, being on his own for a whole year. At least the year before he had some company before they all left.

Make that, 2 SL and 4 HL in my class.

well my math class started with 13 students, 2 of which dropped to Alevels ;) and 3 of which went to HL (including me) then I dropped back down to SL so we had about 9 SL students, 3 HL and a very large amount of studies :P the bulk of my class were studeis (about 12 studies students) who got the worse grades (highest grade was a 5 :P poor things...)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest julz_90

we're 3... but we do only 2 hours per week in the HL class, the rest (4 more hours) are with the SL people, and that makes 25.

ah, and there's a guy who did the IB diploma last year and had only a 3 or a 2 in maths HL. now he comes to our HL lessons every once in a while and wants to repeat the maths exam in may 08.

How can you make these claims? Surely a school like Wesley College in Victoria has that many student doing physics considering they have almost one hundred students doing IB. And wat about the countries in South America. And the one about most experienced chem teacher I met a Victorian chem teacher who has been teaching IB for over 20 years and surely you don't know about how long the chem teachers in South America have been teaching Chem

Edited by Bandev

Guest kajatty

There are like 18 Students in Maths HL and 100 in SL, my school likes maths (not implying the students like it), however I like maths, and I am part of the HL class and trying to find a good topic for my Extended Essay in maths