How many people in your Maths class?

Abu

same here...we have 24 or so...and some are total jokes while others aren't...but our teacher is really really tolerant for an ib class like us...u see, the teachers in our skool had an impression that ib students are academic, and smart, and well behaved and stuff...but contrary to expectations...we are a very noisy class...not only for maths...any class...and most of our teachers always end up asking us: "Aren't you guys an IB class?"

haha...but it's still fun to be part of the IB world...only 7 more months to go...sigh

You guys,

I only have one other person in my math class. Believe me, it's NOT better for us, cause everytime that lazy (I don't want to start cussing) misses a class, we don't take math, like this week for example, we took no math. Also, the shcool is only giving us three classes a week because "we're two, so we don't need more" and then we have to make up for them on saturdyas and breaks. On the plus side, the teacher does pay more attention to you which is good.

There are like 18 Students in Maths HL and 100 in SL, my school likes maths (not implying the students like it), however I like maths, and I am part of the HL class and trying to find a good topic for my Extended Essay in maths

Hello kajatty. So I read you want a good extended essay topic for math? One I was going to do but didn't work due to a lack of resources (I live in amman, jordan with only one library for the entire city and I was only able to find one book on pi). I wanted to do knot theory, which you may like. It's basically investigating the mathematics behind knots, how to tell if two different knots are unique or the same one "folded" differently. Also mathemically investigate why different knots are used for different reasons (i.e. bowline, noose, twinknot, etc.). Another possibility I regret not htinking about is integration (anitidifferentitaion). You could examine the different approximations and which is more effective in differenet situations, and you'd probably have fun doing it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we have like 22 something students in my class, which is a pretty good level for SL, since math studies has like 7 students and HL has like 6, so we're your typical kids. I love math, but i would rather take the SL course and get a solid 6 or 7 on my Exam, as oppose to getting a 4 or 5 on an HL exam.

• 1 month later...
Guest bobkakabobkaka

wow you people are lucky, there are lots of ppl doing dip at my school and its stupid coz it creates lots of competition. my sl class last year was actually divided into two classes, bringing the total number of math SLers to 47ish.

We've got a class of about 7 people for Math SL. It's really nice because there is no need to hesitate when asking questions and the amount of time the teacher can devote to each of us is much larger than in the HL class of about 15 in our school. Their teacher told them that "math is funny but not ha-ha funny" -- for us it is really "ha-ha funny" because we wind up rolling in laughter at least once every session <_<

WOW! i see some ppl got quite few math HL ppl... well in my class we're only like 8... we used to be more but they dropped those losers...

hmmm... i think ib just made me a nerd... not that nerd is a bad thing...they're the ones who end up millionaires and the other not nerds are the ones end up washing the nerd's car <_<

Guest ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

There are about 20-25 in my math SL class, though the number will increase next year when the HL kids (which are also 20-25 per class) drop down. Also, there are between 30-35 in the math Studies classes, and that number will increase when the SL kids drop and have to take Studies next year. Its kind of amusing, there are so many IB students at our school, but almost 92% of them take math Studies. Which means there are more math Studies classes than anything else in our entire grade. :worship:

Edited by ipsa.scientia.potestas.est