Asking a girl to prom

King112

Do abs help? Because I've started push ups and doing some work outs to build up a six pack :D

And I am a lean build so I cant really look like the Terminator, but I don't think that it should be a huge issue

try to guess if the girl is into abs or not

there are some girls who just don't understand the fascination about abs, and prefers lankier and leaner fellas

good luck

and no, you can't see 6-packs if they are hidden under shirts

• Like 3

Muscles and stuff like that can be good not only for girls thinking you're more attractive (which may or may not be the case) but can also help you feel healthier and just help with confidence :)

From this thread you seem a little nervous and shy, so thinking in your head that you're in shape can help make it easier to approach this girl you like :D

Muscles and stuff like that can be good not only for girls thinking you're more attractive (which may or may not be the case) but can also help you feel healthier and just help with confidence :)

From this thread you seem a little nervous and shy, so thinking in your head that you're in shape can help make it easier to approach this girl you like :D

I am extremely shy, and you have nailed the reason I want to look like that..... But I suppose it wont hurt to try, right

Oh alright. But they do help right?

Yes they do! And I'm not saying it like a shallow barbie girl... But honestly, I have a friend that really works on his body, has good muscles etc, goes to the gym almost every day. And OK I am attracted to that (biologically, in an 'evolution' type of way, so it's not really being shallow). But I actually am more attracted to his determination and self-discipline. Idk but working on your body is one of the most obvious ways to show that you are a disciplined person that challenges yourself to be better. And that's what I actually admire and what attracts me, not really the physical 6-pack. 

Look, you're cute. Your awkwardness is cute. My advice is to stop worrying so much about impressing her and just behave like you would with a dude. Sure, go to the gym if you like, there's nothing wrong with exercising. But if you make it seem like you're all about the gym 24/7 when you're not, she's going to find out eventually. Just smile, be nice, and make conversation. It doesn't matter if you're asking if she understood something you didn't in class or if you're talking about secret passions. Someone who's genuinely interested in what you have to say and, more importantly, remembers stuff is going to be more attractive.

Also, abs aren't everything. I personally prefer my people with a bit of give - more comfortable to cuddle :]

• Like 5

How is this idea?

I'll write "Prom?" on a piece of paper and spray my deo all over it. I'll get a friend to give it to her and say its from a guy who likes you. Then I meet her in class and I've made sure that I've put on a lot of that deo? cheesy but should work, right?

umm best not to do that.. no offence but she might think it's weird.. Just tell her directly. Never get your friends to do it for you or she may be weirded out. If you tell her directly, I'm sure it won't end badly and even if she says no you two can still be friends because it seems that she genuinely likes you as a friend at least. 

Edited by ShootingStar16

How is this idea?

I'll write "Prom?" on a piece of paper and spray my deo all over it. I'll get a friend to give it to her and say its from a guy who likes you. Then I meet her in class and I've made sure that I've put on a lot of that deo? cheesy but should work, right?

I'd recommend against this. Cheesy stuff can be good sometimes, but this is just embarrassing. If you want to ask her to prom, just grit your teeth and do it. Preferably in between classes or after school, when she's not surrounded by a group of people. You get more honest answers that way, as opposed to when she's trying to look cool in front of her friends. Be honest - say that you think she's pretty/intelligent/interesting, and that since you're going to prom, you'd like it if she went with you. Don't be desperate ("please, you're the right girl, go to prom with me").

Speaking of the "right girl", you're still a teenager and your idea of the "right girl" often is basically the one with the biggest tits. So don't take it too seriously. Some answers here are saying that you just have to be who you are and if she's the right girl she'll fall for you. Unless you're trying to find your soulmate, don't even bother. Now is the time to actually try out stuff. New girls or new behaviours. Don't be afraid to act more confident than you are, or more intelligent, or whatever. You don't even know who you are yet, so this is worth a try. In any case, high school girls tend to be more superficial. 

Which answers your next question - yes girls in general prefer a muscular guy. Is this a big consideration? It is in the sense that it can help a lot, but if you don't have it, it isn't really a problem. It is, however, a way to increase your attractiveness. You can't change your jawline, or your eyes, but you can change your posture, the way you walk, and how well built you are. Yes, girls are shallow too, and especially so at that age.

In addition, many guys I know who bulked up told me that it objectively gave them a reason to be confident. It's hard just to be "more confident", but if you do something to be proud of, then it becomes easier to gain confidence! Confidence (I think) is the single most important factor in determining whether the girl agrees to go out with the guy, though in high school this tends to be hotly contested with looks and popularity. Anyway, confidence causes two things: One, if you have confidence, the girl automatically assumes that you have something to be confident about. You raise your "value", so to speak. This is attractive. Two, having confidence discourages lots of behaviours that are unattractive, like desperation, clinginess, whining, etc. 

Finally, present yourself well. Often people take the "accept me for who I am" concept too literally. There's a difference between wearing an oversized tshirt because it's part of your personal style (Slim Shady anyone?) and wearing it because you can't be bothered. Make sure you smell decent, if not good. Consider each part of yourself and see if it's that way because you don't care. Eg, if you have a scraggly little beard, is it that way because you're trying to do the Johnny Depp thing? Or are you just not bothered enough to use a razor. The difference may not be obvious to you (it's still the same beard), but it will be to the girl. 

Good luck!

• Like 7

Well I cant deny the truth in what you say, my crush on her has a lot to do with her being cute and hot. But the only thing I have to ask is that is it too early to ask her? Prom is a few months away, and we don't really know each other all that well (I can't help it... Im chicken........ So should I wait or ask ASAP? 

Edited by King112

Hmm maybe ok to wait until you guys are a bit closer. Try and put a lot of effort into talking to her. You shouldn't feel ashamed that you're too scared to tell her because we have all been there. It's always difficult to approach the person you like, so don't be too hard on yourself!

Edited by ShootingStar16