Math IA Resources

Jan Lauer

Hello there, I'm writing my mathematics IA about spread of disease (ebola). Does anyone know any good resources, (can be online or books) that are worth checking out?

Me too! ^_^ What are you doing, exactly? For modelling, I used "Modeling Infectious Diseases in Humans and Animals" by Keeling and Rohani, as well as "An Introduction to Infectious Disease Modelling" by Vynnycky and White. A bit too advanced for me, so I mostly used the first chapters, but a good intro if you're doing something with differential equations. Are you in SL or HL?

I'm SL. My topic is vague right now, but basically: How fast would Ebola/(or another infectious disease) spread in A country/My school. Depending on how many factors I have to take account for, I might even choose: how fast would the common cold spread in Katedralskolan (my school).

My teacher said that I might have to work with differential equations, so I'll definitely check out the sources you put in your post, thank you!

• 1 month later...