Pre-IB Bayview Entrance Test PLEASE HELP!

studygirl246135

Hello everyone!

I am writing the entrance test for the pre-ib program at Bayview SS this month! I got all E's and a 93% average on my grade 7 report card. I have a good recommendation as well. I am really worried for the exam itself. I am very good at the language arts and math, however I do not go to a French immersion school, and I feel that I do not know too many enriched words. Anyone who has taken the test....what was the French component like? What type of questions? What do I need to focus on? Can you recommend any study sources? What was the hardest part of the test for you? What should I was out for? Any other tips? Sorry that I have so many questions but it would really help out if you answer at least some of them as I am very stressed and worried for the upcoming test in two weeks. I will be very grateful for any help or tips! Thanks. :)

Hey,

I think I could help you out. I'm currently in my junior year in the IB program at Bayview :) To be completely honest, the whole entrance test was not quite challenging and I only thought the french component was hard because I had not really brushed up on my grammar and vocabulary. On the test, there is a vocab portion where you match synonyms of vocab words or you pick the word that does not fit in a group of words. There is no reading comprehension so do not worry about that. Maybe, study a little bit of conjugation and read some simple French books and you should be fine. Do not be stressed as the whole test is fairly straightforward and the only hard part is time management. Make sure to allocate the right amount of time for each question to ensure that you can get the maximum number of marks possible. However, I must warn you that IB at bayview is super stressful but if you can handle it it is very rewarding. Good luck on your test! Your marks are stellar though so you're very likely to get in.

Hey,

I think I could help you out. I'm currently in my junior year in the IB program at Bayview :) To be completely honest, the whole entrance test was not quite challenging and I only thought the french component was hard because I had not really brushed up on my grammar and vocabulary. On the test, there is a vocab portion where you match synonyms of vocab words or you pick the word that does not fit in a group of words. There is no reading comprehension so do not worry about that. Maybe, study a little bit of conjugation and read some simple French books and you should be fine. Do not be stressed as the whole test is fairly straightforward and the only hard part is time management. Make sure to allocate the right amount of time for each question to ensure that you can get the maximum number of marks possible. However, I must warn you that IB at bayview is super stressful but if you can handle it it is very rewarding. Good luck on your test! Your marks are stellar though so you're very likely to get in.

Thank you so much for your advice! Do you happen to remember any examples of French questions that were on the test? I am aware that IB has a very competitive environment, however, I am a very determined person and I thrive in such contexts. :)

• 8 months later...