IA topic on Nikita Khrushchev

zuzana_pl

hi guys,
I am new here and actually I found that page by a mistake but now I am truly grateful i am here:)
Right now I am writing my IA and i need some help (my teacher is not one of those who like to make things easier:))
my topic is 'Nikita Khrushchev - leader of a country or a hick' (i know, it's a bit harsh) and I was wondering, does it sound like a proper topic to you? If anyone whould be so nice to help me I can briefly write what I wrote in my IA. I am desperate and I really need some help.

ps. If you've got some ideas concerning my IA please post them, thanks!

[quote name='zuzana_pl' post='22763' date='Aug 27 2008, 12:01 AM']hi guys,
I am new here and actually I found that page by a mistake but now I am truly grateful i am here:)
Right now I am writing my IA and i need some help (my teacher is not one of those who like to make things easier:))
my topic is 'Nikita Khrushchev - leader of a country or a hick' (i know, it's a bit harsh) and I was wondering, does it sound like a proper topic to you? If anyone whould be so nice to help me I can briefly write what I wrote in my IA. I am desperate and I really need some help.

ps. If you've got some ideas concerning my IA please post them, thanks![/quote]
Much much much too broad. Basically you're going to debate whether he's a good leader through his whole time as leader of Russia - that is TOO much to write about. If you want to debate his competence, choose one particular event and talk about it. You only have 2000 words.

that's the same thing I thought! but my teacher said oh it's fine, topic is perfect.
so, i can't change my toopic too much now at it is nearly already written, so what do you think about changing the topic: "Nikita Khrushchev in period 1956 - 1962: Leader of a country or a hick"?
In part B I analyze: 1) Khrushchev's thaw, Polish and Hungarian revolts in 1956 2) 902nd Plenary Meeting of the UN General Assembly in 1960 (it's than when he pounded his shoe:)) 3) Missile Crisis from 1962
In part C i have "Secret Speech: On the cult of personality" and "The challenges we face" it's Richard Nixons book with his memories
Then, I have problem with part D because I am afraid sb. may accuse me of not being critical. I tried too, but I can't find any positiv sides of Khrushchev and his rule...

Thanks for your help!! Finally I found sb. who can really help me with that stuff! :ninja: )

ps. Is there any way of broadening the topic even more, but having the same dates, that is 1956-1962.

oh i know, maybe Nikita Khrushchev in foreingn affairs in perios 1956 - 1962: leader of a country or a hick? but than again, will Secret speech be fine here?