Historical Investigation Question-HELLLPP!

sleep-deprived

Hi, 

I am in History HL and have been working on my investigation. I was wondering if I could be some feedback on my question of how to revise it or change it to; 

To what extent were the conditions and methods successful in aiding the Nazi Group to power in the Weimar Republic?  

Edited by sleep-deprived

Hiya,

I would narrow the question even further to something along the lines of 

To what extent was (insert a specific method such as propaganda, violence of the SA, exploitation of the fear of Communism) used successfully...............?

This would allow you to focus on the method, consider other points of view and then evaluate the impact.

:)

• Like 1

Methods? they were used. And they were successful. No need for argument. 

To what extent?  a little. Well, maybe a lot. Or something in-between. How will you measure that?  what standard or reference point will you use? 

Spokray's suggestion good ...but I'd shift it along by just a tad ..don't write "...used successfully.." use instead "successful" and end it the way you do your original question. It is not a matter of grammatical correctness at all but of semantics. The difference is what you end up measuring/evaluating. And that should make all the difference to you.

:hmmm:

Edited by Blackcurrant

Okay thank you that clears up a lot! However, I spoke to my teacher and the conditions play a major role in the rise so I have changed it once again to...

What methods and conditions helped the Nazis rise to power successfully in the Weimar Republic in 1933?

Sorry for this continuous pestering.. but any feedback will be appreciated :) 

It is true that they play a major role, but your RQ needs to be rather narrow - do you think you can fit both into the essay in a nice way and still make the word limit of 2000 words? Remember, the actual essay part is only supposed to be around 600-800 words if I remember correctly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I have been terribly busy and not been able to reply...

However i have narrowed the RQ to the role of propaganda alone as well as in my evidence i will be discussing the conditions present in Weimar Germany that allowed the propaganda to play a key role in Nazi rise to power, which will be analyzed in Part D :)