Help in deciding which subject to write the extended essay on

pranav989

I have to give my choice soon but am still a bit confused so as to which subject to write the EE on.

I narrowed it down to Economics and History

Now I am interested in both but which one would be a better choice and in which one the probability of scoring higher is more ?

Please help ......

I don't know much about Economics, but writing a History EE can be very interesting. It is also, however, a lot of work - you have to go through a lot of source material, which takes time. It's not impossible to score well, but it is harder compared to the 'easier' EE subjects (Language A and B, mostly). 

• Like 1

I was picking between Economics and Physics when I had to do my EE....

I went with Physics simply because that's what I want to study at university. Also, because my Economics teacher was not going to teach the following year and that would have been a massive issue not having a stable supervisor.

I don't really know what Economics and History EEs consist of. I suspect that the Econ one is simply a much longer and in depth IA. So you probably take a situation or event (probably not simply 1 article) and talk about the pros and cons of what is happened and evaluate all that. I reckon that an Economics one can work really well if you have a good topic - one that is broad enough to talk about for 4000 words but also not too massive.

My point is that you should look at other factors such as what will help you in future? Which one will you be able to get better help in, is the teacher who will supervise you any good?

In the past physics EEs I found, most got between 0-20, so many getting like 11 or 19 but I still got a predicted A. So please do not get discouraged if a subject is known to be one where students receive low grades.

• Like 1

I think an EE in Economics would be easier. In my school, the most favorite subject for EE is Econs. The students who write Econs EE usually get high scores around A/B. I also heard from my friends and the Econs teacher that you have to do primary research for this subject. But maybe it's not that different from writing your exam papers. You just have to apply the theories in real life (like Business & Management EE, since they are similar subjects). Good luck :king: