How much feedback did you get from your mentor?

mechnight

Hey guys,

So, I handed in my first EE draft (full one, only without abstract) about a week ago, and the only feedback I got from my teacher was to put subheadings for intro/conclusion, and to put my thesis closer to the beginning (it's maybe at the end of the first paragraph), but absolutely nothing about content/arguments/etc. When I asked about that, I got only a vague "Oh yeah it's fine", which kinda worries me. I know the teachers aren't supposed to tell us what to correct word by word, but I'm still a bit puzzled with this little to no info. 

How was it with your essays, just out of curiosity? Thanks! :)

I got way more feedback than that! Advice on what data analysis I could do, if I should include some things in intro or discussion etc etc. So... I guess yeah, your supervisor should have given you some more advice

Guest moonkyu97

@mechnight Same with my supervisor. He just told me to change my introduction and add in-text citations. When I asked about the soundness of my proof, he just said it was fine. I guess I wasn't the only one.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies! Just realized that I forgot to mention, my EE is in English Language and Literature.

I got way more feedback than that! Advice on what data analysis I could do, if I should include some things in intro or discussion etc etc. So... I guess yeah, your supervisor should have given you some more advice

Which subject did you choose? I'm guessing Group 4, based on data analysis? :) 

@mechnight Same with my supervisor. He just told me to change my introduction and add in-text citations. When I asked about the soundness of my proof, he just said it was fine. I guess I wasn't the only one.

Ohh, so that's why they're in your signature? :D Well looks so, although some other supervisors (for other subjects) in my school give insanely large feedbacks, like "let's spend an hour going through your essay" large. Life's a beach. 

I did an English EE and got more feedback than that, but I know other students got less. It all depends on the teacher. You got a bad one, but not terrible. Some kids in my school had teachers just refuse to write back to set up a meeting and never met with them, no matter how much initiative the student tried to take.