I'm rubbish at this!

seeeeahawks

I see everyone with a ton of posts who have been on the site for like, two years. It's insane. So why don't I try this site out for real now?

I've seen a lot of interesting forums.

So answer these questions in order for me(:

1. What do you want to see in, say, a general discussion or chat forum?

2. Do you prefer serious conversation or relaxed satirical interaction?

3. If you could have one large animal--but in miniature form--what would it be?

4. Last one: Salty or Sweet?

Thanks...this isn't that pointless, you'll see! I know it seems tedious and a bit..odd. But I thank anyone who answers (:

As a four year member of the site:

1. For a general discussion/chat forum, topics that are interesting and not dumb meme/'IB versions' of things like "10 reasons to date an IB student" or "IB pick-up lines" that are just innuendos. Maybe it's just because I'm getting older but I'd rather see some fun/interesting topic that provokes discussion.

2. Depends on the topic

3. I want a baby elephant

4. Sweet, but not too sweet

• Like 1

1. I personally would like to see more really provocative discussion on the General forum, in which people can state their extreme points of view on the subject being discussed. For example, i would like to state that "religion sucks! and science is the best". These types of debates really excite me to a whole new level :P In fact, i'm tired of all the political correctness bull****, people should be able to express whatever thing they like, to challenge all ideas no matter how provocative that might be, as long as they have good reasons to do so.

2. I often get interested in more serious conversation. However, I do enjoy relaxed funny conservations sometimes.

3. Dinosaur!!!..... if they ever walk the earth again.... :P

4. I'm not a sweet-type, so i'll take salty

This is odd indeed! Please explain to us "why" these questions.....?

1. First of all people replying would be very nice. An intresting and non stupid talks would do just fine.

2. Mostly relaxed conversation. But when required serious is good too.

3. rhinoceros

4. Salty

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for answering beautifully please.

Rishi

I see everyone with a ton of posts who have been on the site for like, two years. It's insane. So why don't I try this site out for real now?

I've seen a lot of interesting forums.

So answer these questions in order for me(:

1. What do you want to see in, say, a general discussion or chat forum?

2. Do you prefer serious conversation or relaxed satirical interaction?

3. If you could have one large animal--but in miniature form--what would it be?

4. Last one: Salty or Sweet?

Thanks...this isn't that pointless, you'll see! I know it seems tedious and a bit..odd. But I thank anyone who answers (:

I've been a member at IBS since... I think some time in in early 2013. So that makes it slightly over a year and a half. 

1) I'll talk about IBS specifically, since "what I'd like to see" varies wildly from forum to forum. Here, the main thing I like to see is the discussion of ideas. Usually EE and science IA discussions have some element of this. Conversely, I hate topics where people are just asking for help. It gets really old after the 50th person saying "I want to write my EE on X, and I'm thinking of maybe Y specifically. Any ideas??". 

I also like to read non-standard topics such as the one you have posted. While, as Emmi has mentioned, topics like "Reasons to date an IB student" are quite redundant, there are some truly off-kilter topics that even if not particularly smart, are great fun to read. You just need to scroll down the General Discussion tab :D

2) On forums? Relaxed satirical interaction. I believe forums are rarely a place for serious discussion on serious topics, because when one is not really accountable for their words (read: internet anonymity), their words have close to zero value. One might make the case that only when there's true anonymity, are one's true intents allowed to be revealed, but I suspect that reasoning is, for lack of a better phrase, grasping at straws. 

3) A dragon. They're badass enough when they're tiny! 

If it must be a real animal... Probably a large cat, like a jaguar. Poise and ferocity can be shown no matter the size of the animal. 

4) Sweet. Salty gets really tiring after a while. 

Thanks all for replying to this post! I appreciate it. Anyway, the point of the silly questions was:

1. To give me an idea of what people like to see when not talking about IB, necessarily

2. To assess the type of people I have the pleasure of interacting with, and

3. To gain better knowledge of how the site works. 

Listen, guys, I know that these sound like really stupid reasons, but the questions helped! They did, really! Thanks again everyone who responded and answered questions intelligently (all of you!)

I'll see you all later (hopefully!!!!) :heart: