AllieAndra

Hi,

For my TOK presentation I came up with the knowledge question of 'To what extent is emotion a more dominant factor than ethics regarding disabilities?' however my teacher wants me to switch out the word 'disabilities' to make it more general. Any suggestions?

My knowledge issue was derived from the real life situation The Ashley Case were a set of parents stunted their disabled daughter's growth, sterilized her, and removed her breast tissue in order to avoid her being sexually abused by caretakers, and make it easier for her parents to take care of her.

Any help is welcome:)

Maybe you could say 'regarding the treatment of people with disabilities' or 'the attitude towards people with disabilities'. I think you should be more specific in regards to what you mean by 'disabilities.' For example, do you mean people with disabilities, other peoples' view of people with disabilities, the actual medical conditions themselves etc. 

• Like 1