The best IB math book to study on my own?

Emilia1320

Hi :)

I'm Pre-DP student, and I would be interested in what books are the best ones to learn IB math syllabus individually.

I have Oxford one already and it's good but for math I want to use two books, just because there might be different questions and things might be explained a bit different way.

Reason I'm trying to study IB stuff is because it interests me and no, I can't wait for real IB because my school doesn't offer HL math. I'll be taking SL but HL stuff seems way more interesting so I'm trying to do some individual study :)

I've been looking at IBID and Cambridge ones, does anyone have experience about them, and are there any other ones I should consider?

Thanks for reading :)

Guest moonkyu97

Cambridge version is pretty good. Some of the red questions are really interesting. But it is still only the first edition, so it has some mistakes in the answers section. Also, Harris is worth it just to go through the basics. At the end of Harris, they compiled hundreds of question summing up the entire syllabus, which are also pretty good to study with.

Yes not only does the Cambridge one color code the questions, it even demonstrates difficult concepts such as the options through examples and exam styled questions. It also has all four options if you are interested in learning that too XD. All in all its an amazing book.

For cambridge the full book is quite pricey eg. on amazon, so if you only want to bother with the core, you can buy from me instead for like half the value if you are interested in the Cambridge book.

Reason I'm trying to study IB stuff is because it interests me and no, I can't wait for real IB because my school doesn't offer HL math. I'll be taking SL but HL stuff seems way more interesting so I'm trying to do some individual study :)

You seem very passionate and capable to do HL, im sure you could negotiate with your teacher to study HL individually and attend the SL IA sessions since the IAs are similar to SL only with a bit more advanced math

Edited by SYL

The IBID one is really good i think. some errors but the questions are quite challenging !! But some basics concepts are not fully explained, so it might be rather difficult for you to study it on your own.