IOP topic ideas! Just general things...

Lauren A.

You have to come up with your own IOP topic. It's something you're graded on. Please don't be lazy.

For an IOP you can literally do anything as long as it's literary. You can look at themes, characterization, literary devices, language, symbolism, whatever. It doesn't have to be super focused either: for example, a topic like "The use and importance of classical allusions in Romeo and Juliet" would be an acceptable topic. 

You can use just one work, or do a comparison. If you do a comparison, there should be a common point between the two works you chose (i.e both works have a similar theme). My IOP, though a long time ago, was a comparison of two works and I examined how each of the authors used racism to develop each book's central themes.

Things Fall Apart is amazing and I recommend 1068935% you do your IOP on that one (that's what I did).

Look through your notes on each book and find if something stood out to you and you want to explore further and weeheeeee that's your topic form that into a question read the book again finding significant passages work out presentation and ding ding ding you are done