Your opinion on L/G/B/T?

seeeeahawks

Why anyone would have an issue with something that's not even an individual's choice is beyond me. I have no issues with it at all.

It's only when people start inventing obviously made-up sexualities to give themselves some sort of unique identity that it's hard for me to get behind it. Bisexual? Fine. Transsexual? Fine. Queer? Fine. Demi-sexual poly-sexual aromatic? What is that even, get off tumblr.

Source: friends with several gay men and a bisexual woman, and a trans man acquaintance

• Like 7

I personally dont have an issue with someone having a different orientation. Basically, I figure what you do in your private or sexual life is your business not mine. So honestly i dont have a problem.

I aslo think it is morally wrong to crucify someone on the basis of orientation. It's there decision.

Only thing I have an issue is when people use their orientation to gain advantages that they do not deserve. I have heard of a couple of those cases, but since I dont really know alternateley oriented people (though suspect a couple of guys) i cant vouch for the validity of these claims about advantages.

it totally baffles me that anyone would have issues with another persons sexual life because like really, "its like telling someone not to eat donuts because you're on a diet" (fb meme, c2013). In my opinion love who you love and if people disagree, show them love because we all know they need it if they have the disharmony within them that they see fault in displays of affection and adoration. Prejudice towards people who are lgbt is unnecessary, uncalled for and reflects most badly on the attackers. I think we should always focus on the good parts of it-- love exists in all forms, it will continue to exist and one day societies views as a whole will change and be welcoming towards the lgbt community.

I am going to be very frank and honest. I find them kind of hard to approach, but at the same time I find many people hard to approach and especially the ones who are very open in expressing their ideas. But the connotation I have with homosexual/bisexual/etc. is straight-hating, just like the connotation man-hating from feminist. So I find them kind of intimidating even though I know these are bad assumptions (thanks to TOK). 

I was kinda off topic, but I agree with Emmi and King.

• Like 1

I'm good friends with a lesbian girl, and I know several boys who are gay, and I dunno, but they're my best friends. I can see what you mean, sushichan*-*, by them being hard to approach..but let's think. A foreigner is hard to approach, as well. I think it's because they may have different values and ideals, and we're afraid of offending them or of not understanding what they're all about. At least, that's my opinion. No one should ever be criticised for liking someone of the same sex, or with transgender people, embracing who they want to be. It's like criticising a teacher because they wanted to be a teacher: it doesn't make any sense. I think everyone--black people, white people, asian people, hispanic people, gays, lesbians, transgenders, etc. should all have equal rights, opportunities, and recognition. Look at my newest blog to see some more on the whole rights thing.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I aslo think it is morally wrong to crucify someone on the basis of orientation. It's there decision.

I agree with that it is repugnant to judge someone on the basis of their orientation, however it is most definitely not a decision, a choice or a 'lifestyle'. 

I'm not targeting you, but it is beyond me how some people think people would choose to subject themselves to the many disadvantages in life, both explicit and implicit, that are associated with openly being a member of the LGBT community. I think the very notion that sexual orientation is a choice is damaging and delegitimatising of a fundamental part of someone's personal identity, not to mention the rifts such an opinion can cause in families of LGBT individuals. 

I personally think many people who have never met or known an LGBT individual personally may be wary due to the plethora of stereotypes attributed to members of the community by contrived representation in mass media. (Think flamboyant gay best friends for example) For a majority of people, sexual orientation does not define their lifestyle, character or behaviour as a member of society. 

• Like 1