elicious

Hello IB-ers :) I just wanted to know your opinions on which topic is the easiest to broad your ideas. And can you be specific a bit on how you're going to broad it? 

For me I'm still confused either title 4 or title 6. And in title 4: "With reference to two areas of knowledge discuss the way in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge.", is it possible to have counter claims? Cause it seemed to me that it is very hard to find many good counter claims, since it is true that shared knowledge shape personal knowledge, in many ways.

THANKS GUYS  :dontgetit:  :question:  :guilty:  :teehee:  :teehee:  :teehee:  :teehee: 

in title 4: "With reference to two areas of knowledge discuss the way in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge.", is it possible to have counter claims? Cause it seemed to me that it is very hard to find many good counter claims, since it is true that shared knowledge shape personal knowledge, in many ways.

Well the question asks you to discuss different ways in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge, so technically, you don't have to include any 'counter-claims'.

Personally, I would say that it is very plausible & true that shared knowledge shape personal knowledge because after all, humans are social beings, thus rely very much on traditions & the social structures that are set up around us. However, there are many cases in which a person can break off from these traditions, thus disallowing them to be shaped by shared knowledge. For example, Galileo, although living in an extremely religious society where the consensus was that the Sun goes around the Earth, he still didn't let this shared knowledge to affect his personal knowledge which he obtained from observing the sky. This is basically a 'counter-claim' for how shared knowledge has no effects whatsoever on personal knowledge. The same thing happened to me. I was raised religiously. However, as I grew up, I started to think more rationally, and now I don't believe in any religions at all. So I think i've successfully broken off from traditional beliefs to build my own personal knowledge unaffected by shared knowledge.

• Like 2

Woah thank you Vioh! That was a good share! Now I know how's the counter claim is like for this topic. And yeah it is true that shared knowledge won't shape personal knowledge in a few ways. Your religion example does prove that!  :teehee:  :teehee:  :teehee: But it seems like it's too little counterclaim to make an essay. A teacher told me I need lots of counterclaim too so I'll look up again on that. Thank you for the idea again it was really open minded for me. 

Ohyeah and omg I see that you did Physics EE I'm stuggling at right now haha and it's not even my choice.  :eek:

in title 4: "With reference to two areas of knowledge discuss the way in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge.", is it possible to have counter claims? Cause it seemed to me that it is very hard to find many good counter claims, since it is true that shared knowledge shape personal knowledge, in many ways.

Well the question asks you to discuss different ways in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge, so technically, you don't have to include any 'counter-claims'.

Personally, I would say that it is very plausible & true that shared knowledge shape personal knowledge because after all, humans are social beings, thus rely very much on traditions & the social structures that are set up around us. However, there are many cases in which a person can break off from these traditions, thus disallowing them to be shaped by shared knowledge. For example, Galileo, although living in an extremely religious society where the consensus was that the Sun goes around the Earth, he still didn't let this shared knowledge to affect his personal knowledge which he obtained from observing the sky. This is basically a 'counter-claim' for how shared knowledge has no effects whatsoever on personal knowledge. The same thing happened to me. I was raised religiously. However, as I grew up, I started to think more rationally, and now I don't believe in any religions at all. So I think i've successfully broken off from traditional beliefs to build my own personal knowledge unaffected by shared knowledge.

Woah thank you Vioh! That was a good share! Now I know how's the counter claim is like for this topic. And yeah it is true that shared knowledge won't shape personal knowledge in a few ways. Your religion example does prove that!   :teehee:   :teehee:   :teehee: But it seems like it's too little counterclaim to make an essay. A teacher told me I need lots of counterclaim too so I'll look up again on that. Thank you for the idea again it was really open minded for me. 

Ohyeah and omg I see that you did Physics EE I'm stuggling at right now haha and it's not even my choice.   :eek: