i started the ib 2 months ago, it is a lot of work and stuff
so these are my subjects: 

Eng/lit HL
Business HL
Eco HL

Maths SL
Italian Ab initio
Environmental systems and societies SL

so my subjects are fairly easy, but im worried that universities will find these subjects too easy and wont accept me, even if i get a 40+ score. btw i want do something along the lines of finance, business, marketing, economics,  banking, consulting,. I want to get into business schools such as wharton, berkeley, mit, chicago, cornell, nyu(ALL US universities) 

I am taking the SATS and sat subjects tests!
and i was also considering switching to chem sl instead of ESS because ESS is kinda an easy 7 where as chem sl might require more work. 

SO guys, should i change my subjects, and tell me about the workload, and what sat subject tests should i write, and also the AP tests, should i take 1 or 2?

I think the choices are fine, seeing as you're doing Eco HL, Business HL and Math SL, the universities you mention are very elite so SATs will be very important along with your IB score

I'd suggest Math II, US History and Lit. For your subject tests. Not too sure about Lit but seeing as you are doing HL in IB I'm sure you can knock it out of the park. Usually, a language would have been nice but seeing as you are doing ab initio Italian that might be difficult

1) Don't take higher level business as universities don't respect it as a subject. They think it's a soft subject plus there is absolutely no nees to take business in high school, you'll learn that stuff at university. If you're interested in something business related , univerisites recommend taking economics instead to demonstrate your interest as its a more academic subject. So keep economics and drop businesss - either take another group 3 or 4 subject.

2) Wharton requires students take the highest level maths class available to them (clearly stated on their website) so by taking standard level matha you're not abiding by their requirements, this will put you at a disadvantage compared to other applicants and if you're an international student you want to maximise your chances not reduce them. So consider taking higher level maths, if you.think you can't handle it then don't do it as a high overall score is important too but be aware that you're putting your self at a disadvantage - although a lot of factora come into play in college admission, course rigor is an important element. Speaking of rigor, you're subject combo as you stated doesnt come off as challenge which is a problem as you're applying to top 20 univerisites - granted taking the IB diploma itself is as rigorous as it gets, plus American unis don't care much for your subject combination but it may come off as your taking the easy way out. Perhaps switch ESS for chemistry? Have you considered taking biology? Its just rote memorization so it shouldnt be too hard. But if you switch business for a more respected subject then takinh ESS won't hurt you.

Regarding SAT II: You definitely have to take Maths Level 2. The other one is up to youThere is no need to take three unless you're applying to Georgetown or John Hopkins. And no there is no need to take AP tests, you're doing Ib which is the equivalent of AP.

Workload:

Economics is easy if you understand the concepts and are a decent essay writer. English is not too difficult. Ab initio languages are really easy, just read over what you do in clads regularly, learn vocab and practice your oral and you should have no problem getting a 6 or 7. Maths standard level is relatively easy, practice a lot though

• Like 2

i used to be in Maths Hl, it wasnt so hard but the workload was way too much so i didnt have time to study lol, so i got a 2 in the first test.

OK maybe not wharton, what about berkeley, Sloan business school, and NYU.

I think the choices are fine, seeing as you're doing Eco HL, Business HL and Math SL, the universities you mention are very elite so SATs will be very important along with your IB score

I'd suggest Math II, US History and Lit. For your subject tests. Not too sure about Lit but seeing as you are doing HL in IB I'm sure you can knock it out of the park. Usually, a language would have been nice but seeing as you are doing ab initio Italian that might be difficult

yea dude, but i was considering taking maths level 2, lit, and ecological biology coz im taking ess

1) Don't take higher level business as universities don't respect it as a subject. They think it's a soft subject plus there is absolutely no nees to take business in high school, you'll learn that stuff at university. If you're interested in something business related , univerisites recommend taking economics instead to demonstrate your interest as its a more academic subject. So keep economics and drop businesss - either take another group 3 or 4 subject.

2) Wharton requires students take the highest level maths class available to them (clearly stated on their website) so by taking standard level matha you're not abiding by their requirements, this will put you at a disadvantage compared to other applicants and if you're an international student you want to maximise your chances not reduce them. So consider taking higher level maths, if you.think you can't handle it then don't do it as a high overall score is important too but be aware that you're putting your self at a disadvantage - although a lot of factora come into play in college admission, course rigor is an important element. Speaking of rigor, you're subject combo as you stated doesnt come off as challenge which is a problem as you're applying to top 20 univerisites - granted taking the IB diploma itself is as rigorous as it gets, plus American unis don't care much for your subject combination but it may come off as your taking the easy way out. Perhaps switch ESS for chemistry? Have you considered taking biology? Its just rote memorization so it shouldnt be too hard. But if you switch business for a more respected subject then takinh ESS won't hurt you.

Regarding SAT II: You definitely have to take Maths Level 2. The other one is up to youThere is no need to take three unless you're applying to Georgetown or John Hopkins. And no there is no need to take AP tests, you're doing Ib which is the equivalent of AP.

Workload:

Economics is easy if you understand the concepts and are a decent essay writer. English is not too difficult. Ab initio languages are really easy, just read over what you do in clads regularly, learn vocab and practice your oral and you should have no problem getting a 6 or 7. Maths standard level is relatively easy, practice a lot though

i used to be in maths hl lol, but like i drop business hl i dont know what else i can take, im not really into science or anything, and nothing like history or geography. But i heard US universities dont really care about business if its hl or not. They just care about Sats, the course, and activites.

If i can change business HL to something else, what can i change it into, definately not ITGS lol!!!! so?

Hi guys

Eng/lit HL

Business HL

Eco HL

Maths SL

Italian Ab initio

so my subjects are fairly easy, but im worried that universities will find these subjects too easy and wont accept me, even if i get a 40+ score. btw i want do something along the lines of finance, business, marketing, economics,  banking, consulting,. I want to get into business schools such as wharton, berkeley, mit, chicago, cornell, nyu(ALL US universities) 

and i was also considering switching to chem sl instead of ESS because ESS is kinda an easy 7 where as chem sl might require more work. 

SO guys, should i change my subjects, and tell me about the workload, and what sat subject tests should i write, and also the AP tests, should i take 1 or 2?

Yo! You live in Dubai?? Haha my school doesn't offer ESS or Italian Ab Initio or Econ :P what school u go to?

i used to be in Maths Hl, it wasnt so hard but the workload was way too much so i didnt have time to study lol, so i got a 2 in the first test.

OK maybe not wharton, what about berkeley, Sloan business school, and NYU.

I'd suggest Math II, US History and Lit. For your subject tests. Not too sure about Lit but seeing as you are doing HL in IB I'm sure you can knock it out of the park. Usually, a language would have been nice but seeing as you are doing ab initio Italian that might be difficult

yea dude, but i was considering taking maths level 2, lit, and ecological biology coz im taking ess

Workload:

i used to be in maths hl lol, but like i drop business hl i dont know what else i can take, im not really into science or anything, and nothing like history or geography. But i heard US universities dont really care about business if its hl or not. They just care about Sats, the course, and activites.

If i can change business HL to something else, what can i change it into, definately not ITGS lol!!!! so?

I honestly don't know what you should switch business with seeing as you don't seem to like the other group 3/4 subjects, I guess you should just stick with business? Taking a subject you dislike is not a good idea! Sure, SATs and extracurriculars matter a lot but your class schedule (& GPA) matters just as much. 

I doubt you'd be decreasing your chances by taking standard level maths if you want to get into stern and UC Berkeley (UCB doesn't even accept freshman into the Haas business school, you'll have to apply as an internal transfer during your sophomore year - so you're subject combination doesn't matter at all in this case). However, you probably will be at a disadvantage when it comes to Sloan as the business that is taught at MIT is highly quantitative - so being good at maths is required but I may be wrong. I suggest you email admissions to get a more comprehensive answer. 

Hi guys

Eng/lit HL

Business HL

Eco HL

Maths SL

Italian Ab initio

Yo! You live in Dubai?? Haha my school doesn't offer ESS or Italian Ab Initio or Econ :P what school u go to?

Eis jumeirah grade 12.. lmao what school do u go to?

Hi guys

Eng/lit HL

Business HL

Eco HL

Maths SL

Italian Ab initio

l

Hi guys

Eng/lit HL

Business HL

Eco HL

Maths SL

Italian Ab initio

lol Jumeirah Baccalaureate School