How to proof that you have been doing sports and other extra curricular activities during an application interview ?

RClarkson

Hello Guys 

When applying to university, there are many factors that will be considered such as your subject choices and grades however if another student has equivalent grades and subjects, the outer curricular activities that you have done can set you apart from the other applicant and eventually determine if you get accepted or not

My question is as follows. How can I really proof that I have done all the activities that I talk about (Athletics, Academic clubs and organisations and other extra curricular activities)?

Since I have been actively training martial arts since 7 years and been involved in many other academic clubs and courses,  I will of course want to bring that up in my application statement as well as my interview. But will they trust me with what I tell them and judge by the way I talk about or do I simply bring in evidence such as photos if I did not get any written certificate which seems a bit silly to me considering that you show up for an interview with a big map full of certificates to show off ? 

Note that I am not planning on applying for a scholarship for sports where they will research your past athletic performance and so on. I am just referring to an normal application for a competitive course at university where you can set yourself apart form the average with your extra curricular activities.

I would appreciate any answers be it personal experience or just opinions and thoughts on the topic because I was not able to find any specific information anywhere.  

Edited by raffi_gio