Does the math IA have to relate to real life?

CandyPants

I was kind of wanting to just do "Patterns in Pascal's Triangle" and select 3 or 4 patterns that I'd explain and prove in the IA. Would this be okay, or does it have to relate to real life? Because I noticed a lot of the examples found a way to real-world subjects, like nature or rainfall for instance. I was planning on showing personal involvement by talking about my interest in finding patterns and the like, and some independent thinking when it comes to the patterns in Pascal's Triangle. Would this topic be okay? 

Edited by CandyPants

• 5 years later...
On 1/2/2015 at 11:09 AM, CandyPants said:

I was kind of wanting to just do "Patterns in Pascal's Triangle" and select 3 or 4 patterns that I'd explain and prove in the IA. Would this be okay, or does it have to relate to real life? Because I noticed a lot of the examples found a way to real-world subjects, like nature or rainfall for instance. I was planning on showing personal involvement by talking about my interest in finding patterns and the like, and some independent thinking when it comes to the patterns in Pascal's Triangle. Would this topic be okay? 

I’m literally 5 years late but did you end up writing your maths IA on Pascals? if so, how much did you get and can you send me it?