Is English A a requirement

loba

Hello,

i want to study my undergraduate in broadcast journalism in Sydney Australia specifically unsw or macquarie university.

i currently take English A SL, i was wondering if English A is a requirement of these universities since i cant manage to find it on their sites, and also should i upgrade it to HL ? i Recently got my IOC grade back and i got a 7/7 at it (24/30) but since english is my second language my supervisors didnt encourage me to upgrade it to HL

Hi, do you take English A: Literature or English A: Language and Literature?
Usually, it's recommended that you take English A especially if you'll be doing journalism in that language. Additionally, many universities in Australia would be looking for you to have English proficiency, even though that's not strictly a requirement in most cases. If you take English B, it's most probable that you'll be required to take a test like IELTS to prove your English proficiency.
Judging from your IOC grade, you're doing very well, and I think you're better of staying where you are. I would definitely recommend English B if you weren't doing well, but you are doing well. :)

• Like 1

The way the conversion of ib literature subjects to hsc literature subjects is that if you're doing literature sl, the subject is already equivalent to english ext 1. the highest requirement australian universities have (as far as i know) is hsc english advanced (equivalent to lang&lit hl)  and that's still for very few courses so really in australian universities that grade counts a lot more than what level 

Hi, do you take English A: Literature or English A: Language and Literature?

Usually, it's recommended that you take English A especially if you'll be doing journalism in that language. Additionally, many universities in Australia would be looking for you to have English proficiency, even though that's not strictly a requirement in most cases. If you take English B, it's most probable that you'll be required to take a test like IELTS to prove your English proficiency.

Judging from your IOC grade, you're doing very well, and I think you're better of staying where you are. I would definitely recommend English B if you weren't doing well, but you are doing well. :)

The way the conversion of ib literature subjects to hsc literature subjects is that if you're doing literature sl, the subject is already equivalent to english ext 1. the highest requirement australian universities have (as far as i know) is hsc english advanced (equivalent to lang&lit hl)  and that's still for very few courses so really in australian universities that grade counts a lot more than what level 

ok, thanks for the advise and i do english A literature and language