What is your MBTI-personality type?

Starfall

MBTI  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is your MBTI personality

Interesting. I'm INFP. However, I see that INTJ (the most "analytical" type) is also the most popular on this forum :)

Yeah, I'm (according to the test) very clearly INTJ, thou there are only 2,1 percents of them from whole population. Well. I didn't actually need a confirm for that I'm socially ankward little case but I gotta admit INTJ personlity matches me perfectly :D

• Like 1

To be honest, at first I didn't think it's going to be accurate. After I took the test, I was shocked. The description of an INTJ literally describes me and my behavior. 

… Also, I have a scientific explanation for my social awkwardness, so that's good :P

To be honest, at first I didn't think it's going to be accurate. After I took the test, I was shocked. The description of an INTJ literally describes me and my behavior. 

… Also, I have a scientific explanation for my social awkwardness, so that's good :P

Yeah I was like "okay now I'm officially socially ankward" :D but INTJ describes me very well :)

Of course I maybe would have preferred something more flattering, but that would have been lying :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The number of people who think they're INTJ indicates to me that either this test is faulty, or people are subconsciously choosing answers which will give them the result they want to see.  INTJ is one of the rarest personality types: "INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population" (https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality), so obviously the 30% poll result here is way off.  I suspect it's the test, personally, as the questions were quite narrow in scope and mostly repetitions and variations of one another.  Therefore, it is easy to be skewed towards one "path", which happens to arrive at the INTJ conclusion. 

I'd recommend this one: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test for a more accurate result.  It's a bit longer, but I think it's a better indicator.

But honestly, the only way you can use this accurately is by doing the full, on-paper, externally assessed test, without knowing how the results work beforehand (so you're not quite as biased).  Just keep that in mind :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, azara said:

The number of people who think they're INTJ indicates to me that either this test is faulty, or people are subconsciously choosing answers which will give them the result they want to see.  INTJ is one of the rarest personality types: "INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population" (https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality), so obviously the 30% poll result here is way off.  I suspect it's the test, personally, as the questions were quite narrow in scope and mostly repetitions and variations of one another.  Therefore, it is easy to be skewed towards one "path", which happens to arrive at the INTJ conclusion. 

I'd recommend this one: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test for a more accurate result.  It's a bit longer, but I think it's a better indicator.

But honestly, the only way you can use this accurately is by doing the full, on-paper, externally assessed test, without knowing how the results work beforehand (so you're not quite as biased).  Just keep that in mind :)

I completely agree with you, but I'd also suggest that people on this forum don't exactly represent the entire world. Only 43 people have actually voted which is a pretty small sample size, and there's also other factors that undoubtedly come into play such as the fact that it's an online forum that x amount of people will probably use out of all the students that do/have done IB, and hence I'd say it's going to be a little more skewed than your average sample.

However, I would definitely recommend 16personalities. It's the one I used and it's got really nice summaries by which you can 'check' whether or not it aligns with your personality.

1 hour ago, apoello said:

I completely agree with you, but I'd also suggest that people on this forum don't exactly represent the entire world. Only 43 people have actually voted which is a pretty small sample size, and there's also other factors that undoubtedly come into play such as the fact that it's an online forum that x amount of people will probably use out of all the students that do/have done IB, and hence I'd say it's going to be a little more skewed than your average sample.

However, I would definitely recommend 16personalities. It's the one I used and it's got really nice summaries by which you can 'check' whether or not it aligns with your personality.

You're right, they don't represent the world.  As an IB forum, you'd definitely expect some tendency towards the 'intellectual' types, of which INTJ is certainly one.  Nevertheless, I don't think this entirely makes up for the 28% increase from the expected value of 2-ish.  It doesn't really matter, it's all for fun anyway :)