ESS ---> Physics

I think that you might be able to, but it depends on the school and if you can the sooner you switch the better as you do need a minimum amount of class time. You could borrow the IB Physics textbook from your school and start to self teach. I don't think that if you switch you study period with the IB Physics HL that it would affect the IB points. Talk to your IB coordinator they will be able to tell whether or not it is possible! I hope this helps! :)

its out of 45 so its impossible to have a mark greater than 45 and the 45 comes from 6 subjects x 7 + core points

so if you take 7 subjects, 1 of them would not be in your diploma but rather it would be a certificate subject

what you should do before switching is look at the textbook and see what topics the people at your school have done thus far, talk to the physics teacher and see how possible it is to change, talk to ib coordinator to see if its an option at all, also talk to parents because you might need some tutoring to catch up u kno

Thank you for the detailed response, from your signature I can tell you take Physics HL; how is it?

coming from someone who hates science/math subjects physics is ok!! the bulk of the exams is just putting numbers in formulas and the rest is regurgitating definitions so in that regard its not too bad but some of the concepts are so hard to understand!! (for me at least)

Before you make the decision I suggest you to try to study Physics in a weekend and see how far you can get in understanding it and to see if you are capable of self-studying the first few chapters of the course. In addition, you should check university requirements and see if they require Physics and see if it is really necessary to take it now, because you could take a gap year. 

I do believe that Physics will benefit you more unless you are interested in ESS. However there are going to be quite a few problems. Joining in the class now is going to be hard because if you haven't learned the core concepts (which you have missed I assume) its going to be harder to understand the ones coming behind.

Another problem is the IA. Throughout the course you do a lot of labs and if you join in now you might miss some (but if you wait for this term to be over you are going to miss even more). So if you do decide to switch to physics, I suggest you to persuade your IB coordinator and switch mid-term.