IOP help

Hey! I have two weeks to finish my IOP and I am really stuck. I am trying to do mine on plot structures between two novels (Things Fall Apart and Fasting, Feasting) and although I was done a draft that I meant to work on it more, my teacher reminded me that I don't have a point that I am getting across. Basically, (no matter if you read the books or not) is it possible to find anything through plot structures? Should I use a different topic instead?

I did mine on things fall apart!!

(i don't know much about the other book so sorry)

if you're focusing on plot, you need to make a point about it--what does it do? honestly plot isn't really a literary device because every text ever neeeeeeedds to have a plot or its nothing if you understand what i mean?

if you want to use plot you could do like 'how is the theme of XYZ explored through the plot' but honestly thats not a very strong prompt

you would be much better focusing on a common theme between the two and looking at how its explored in the two novels

I did mine on things fall apart!!

(i don't know much about the other book so sorry)

if you're focusing on plot, you need to make a point about it--what does it do? honestly plot isn't really a literary device because every text ever neeeeeeedds to have a plot or its nothing if you understand what i mean?

if you want to use plot you could do like 'how is the theme of XYZ explored through the plot' but honestly thats not a very strong prompt

you would be much better focusing on a common theme between the two and looking at how its explored in the two novels

Thanks! I don't know if I can change topics now but I will ask.