SAT! I really do need help...

Stereoisomer

OK i've just decided that I am applying to the universities in USA because my teacher told me : "I have the potential to do great things blah blah"

So Im taking the SAT and the 3 SAT II, Chem, Bio, Maths IIC

I am deciding between which Preparation book I should get. After consulting with friends/teachers I have concluded that The Princeton Review and the Barrons SAT are by far the best.

I'll tell you guys a little about me. I am reasonably smart. I am usually the top of my class and around 4th or 5th in my year level. So Im not that dumb, but Im not the smartest person in my year level.

What do you think. Which one do you recommend for me? I already have the official study guide but that's not helpful ><

Thanks so so much!

I'd say the Princeton Review is better than Barrons simply because Princeton Review is by Princeton Uni...

do you actually need to take 3 SAT II subjects? i gathered that 2 would be sufficient even if you're applying to the Ivy leagues...

everyone i knew that took the SAT IIs took three and not two. i don't think it going to kill you to take three of them.

i hoestly only took the SAT once so i never used the study guides, but i have used Barron's for other things and liked them very much.

Like IBStuck, I only took the SAT once and without studying.

The SAT is not necessarily about how much you know, it's about how well can you take a test. As long as you know the format and you know at least the maths behind it, the reading shouldn't be difficult. You should know the type of questions they ask. The College Board website has a lot of useful tips.

You mean Literature SAT II? Or the old English proficiency SAT II which you can no longer take since it's not offered anymore since 2005 by collegeboard?

Check www.collegeboard.com to see which subject tests are available. You don't want to study a test which is no longer offered/accredited

yup. the literature one..

like, is there a princeton review book for literature?

i haven't come across one yet and as i'm in argentina, its really hard to get sat books..

is there any other good site that can help you prepare for the sat II lit?

or what things do i have to know? so that i can at least try prepare with other materials...

thanks,

Bee

• 2 weeks later...
Im not so sure now..

Im not sure if i want to go to the US anymore! It's so so so far away from NZ

please tell me some of the good things about US?

There are none, unless you go to a highly ranked school and get some financial assistance, there really is no point in paying exorbitant fees for a private school for a degree that will never go in as much depth (despite being 4 years long) as a similar UK degree.