Help with Korean University Admissions

Jamesdokfx

I'm in the second semester in the first year of DP and I want to apply to a university in korea.

I have tried and tried and tried but I just can't find any IB requirements for korean universities. Hell, I can't even find any requirements regardless of highschool curriculum. I am trying to apply for university of Seoul or Korea University and I have only heard they are very competetive with no real evidence of undergraduat requirements. Anyone got any information on IB requirements in those universities or any contacts I can refer to?

To give a bit of context I am korean by nationality both parents korean. Have studied 12 years abroad (if I finish DP in my current school, also note I have studied 12 years of IB). I am taking math HL but its piss hard so I am thinking of dropping to math SL and raising Lang Lit from SL to HL. I am looking into Economics major (business major could work) so I don't know if top korean universities would be down with it. And I am not considering any foreign universities due to personal reasons.

I am fluent in korean but much better skilled at English. Also taking spanish SL as second language so am not really studying Korean.

Edited by Jamesdokfx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Firstly, getting into Seoul university with only IB diploma would be difficult, unless you also have SAT score or something. 

According to what I heard from other people and internet, if you want to apply to Korean uni, you should get approximately 40 points (including ToK and EE) of final grades.

I don't think the universities would tell you exactly what score would be accepted, but your total grades would be regarded more importantly than what you chose for your IB subjects.

Hope this helps:)

Edited by IB zombie
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...