Do you guys ever take days off school to catch up on work?

usernamed

No, I take evenings I stay at the school up until 9:00 PM if that's what it takes to do all of my homeworks. Luckily our school is always open :P

Oh ours closes by  3:30pm-4:00pm max. Unless there is an event or something going on. So yeah. Honestly, I prefer staying at home and doing work because at school, I rarely get that quiet environment where I can properly get my work done. :/

Always, my whole class does it all the time. Half of the class usually disappear during the days before a big assignment is due. If not the whole day, they always skip some classes including me. Since last christmas break, i could say that in every class 20% the students are not there (in average). The worst I have heard is only 2 students going to biology class of 15. What happens often is that half of the class is missing. It's VERY rare to see the whole class attending, I honestly haven't seen that happen since 2014. 

We generally have a really bad mood. The teachers are giving up on students and students giving up on teachers. So many of us tend to skip classes to finish their IAs or study by themselves. 

Edited by sushichan*-*
  • Like 1

i don't just because if i miss a day i've missed a day of work and then i have more to catch up on. i prioritise whats gotta be done and get it done and if somethings not done i usually get up at like 4-5am and work from then until my usual wake up time then go to school :-)

I do that too. Except I have to wake up at 3 or something because my usual wake up time for school is 5 am :/

Always, my whole class does it all the time. Half of the class usually disappear during the days before a big assignment is due. If not the whole day, they always skip some classes including me. Since last christmas break, i could say that in every class 20% the students are not there (in average). The worst I have heard is only 2 students going to biology class of 15. What happens often is that half of the class is missing. It's VERY rare to see the whole class attending, I honestly haven't seen that happen since 2014. 

We generally have a really bad mood. The teachers are giving up on students and students giving up on teachers. So many of us tend to skip classes to finish their IAs or study by themselves. 

Oh wow...

Our school really cares about attendance. So I could never do that. 

But it makes sense in your case, since you guys dont seem to have good relationships with your teachers. 

I honestly prefer studying alone anyway. 

My teachers are great. But when it comes to serious study time, I need to be on my own. 

Yes, recently I have been doing it very frequently. I should be writing the assignment in the evening but at this time I am so tired that I can't produce anything valuable so I just decide not to go to school the following day and write it after I have slept properly. I don't consider time spent at school especially valuable. The only subject that I don't consider a waste of time is History because I have a great teacher but one subject is too little to be willing to go to school.

I just hope I won't get problems due to low attendance, haha.

However, I must admit I sometimes feel like crap for skipping school so often.   :guilty:

Edited by Sceptyczka

I think it depends on your school. My school doesn't really care about attendance (nor do my parents frankly :P), so I do this a lot; simply because like people have said above, I can do a LOT at home as compared to school. Moreover, at the end of the day I learn a lot more by myself than in class.

The only reason I don't like it is because it doesn't 'seem' right, and recently teachers have started to notice which makes them feel bad I guess? But sometime's I just get angry: I'm an IB student. I have almost twice the workload of an 'academic' student and the same amount of time he/she has. The fact that I can skip class and get better grades than my peers makes it justifiable. And not like I'm skipping class to watch movies or go out with friends; I'm studying! Personally, if your grades are good, I don't think it should matter.

Just my two cents. Nice question tho! :) Looking forward to what other people say.

I think it depends on your school. My school doesn't really care about attendance (nor do my parents frankly :P), so I do this a lot; simply because like people have said above, I can do a LOT at home as compared to school. Moreover, at the end of the day I learn a lot more by myself than in class.

The only reason I don't like it is because it doesn't 'seem' right, and recently teachers have started to notice which makes them feel bad I guess? But sometime's I just get angry: I'm an IB student. I have almost twice the workload of an 'academic' student and the same amount of time he/she has. The fact that I can skip class and get better grades than my peers makes it justifiable. And not like I'm skipping class to watch movies or go out with friends; I'm studying! Personally, if your grades are good, I don't think it should matter.

Just my two cents. Nice question tho! :) Looking forward to what other people say.

Yes, same . But my parents will kill me if they find out I play truant.  :(

I don't, it seems like a vicious cycle, stay home and do work, miss classes and get more work. It seems counter productive. 

I agree, that's why I sometimes force myself to go to class even if I haven't turned in an assignment. I think it's better to go to classes because when you self-study you might misinterpret something and miss some ideas (even though this is not always the case). Another thing why I think it's important to go to classes is to show respect towards the teachers and I believe that this is important because otherwise they can't help you (since you skip classes) and wouldn't want to. 

Maybe skipping school days sometimes (twice a semester) is ok, but I don't think it would be a good habit to always skip. 

I don't do it that much, but there've been a few times (especially this January, because I had Mock Trial until 5:30-6 or later every single day) when I've stayed home to finish essays. I normally plan ahead though so that I don't miss days when I have tests. But most of the time I just go in anyway.