What is your dream IB score?

usernamed

What's the highest? 45? Well, there you have it.

I really don't see a reason for anyone to aim below that, especially IB students (as they are academically inclined).

That might not be true, as some people feel they can not get the highest grade in a particular subject. so, not all people think 45 is feasible for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

Thank you for responding to my survey. I have got in touch with some IB teachers and ex-IB students to help you out. My subsequent post will contain their response to the problems you are facing or have faced in transitioning to IB.

For those who haven't yet replied, I am reposting my survey questions in form of a link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fHd3aVRDZx2Kk-SM1hOoZMeLaw5tOSerOepzPgczuEs/viewform

Kindly fill the form containing three questions about the challenges you are facing in IB to get  reply from the experts.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would of course love to end up with over 40 points. But in order to do that, I need to really improve my history, chemistry and math grades, haha. My hope (which I think is realistic enough) is 7 in Danish A HL, 6 in English A HL, 5 in History HL, 5 in Maths SL and Chemistry SL and hopefully a 7 in Visual Arts HL. I really hope to get the three extra points for TOK and EE, so that would land me on 38, which I think is good enough. I want to apply to universities in Denmark, and the courses I'm interested in I only need around 32-33 points to get a converted average that will let me in, so I'm not that worried. But yeah, of course it would be awesome to say that I would graduate with 4 HLs AND an average of over 40, but to avoid getting disappointed, I'm aiming for te 38 ;-). Unless I somehow manage to get a 7 in English, but I'm not counting on it, seeing as the world average is 4 and I'm not a native speaker, haha.

• Like 3

Everyone want to obtain for sure 40+, but being realistic (and being conscious of my capabilities) I'm aiming for anything above 35. I'm from Colombia and I wanna' study Economics & Finance at USA, this makes me work harder because the uni's I'm applying for requires an score between 43-45, in general words, the best damn grade. Well, this is actually hoping entering with a scholarship in Princeton or Harvard, soo! :D LOL, with discipline I could afford it.

“I am The Sherminator. I’m a sophisticated sex robot sent back through time, to change the future for one lucky lady.”

– American Pie

Edited by sebastiang0918
Font

Of course I want a 45 :P but then I know that a 35 is already considered an excellent score. Although my offers are at 33 and 32 respectively, I am doing everything I can to land on the magical 35+. So yeah, I guess I would be happy with anything between 35 and 45 too :) Let's study and get over and done with the IB!!!

• Like 1