seeker6

So next year I will be going into grade 9 and I will be starting pre-IB right now I have to decide whether to do extended french or not. Taking extended french would mean I would have to take french class, geography in french, and theology in french ( It is a catholic school). Then in grade 10 I would also have to do history in french. I'm a decent french student but I'm afraid extended french paired with pre-IB would be difficult to manage. I tend to procrastinate... a lot.The way the extended french program works is that I will do all my extended french courses in the first 2 years of high school then do all the IB courses in the last 2 years. So I wouldn't have any extended french in grades 11 and 12. Would I be able to manage extended french with pre-IB? Has anyone experienced something similar to this? Any help would be great because I need to make a decision soon.  

Edited by seeker6

Well I have never experienced that, but pre-IB is honestly nothing compared to IB (it should be pretty manageable). It's just like your regular mainstream program but with very slight differences. You might do some IB stuff, but that's it. You don't get those huge internal/external assessments/extended essay/orals until grade 11/grade12.