Unfair teachers?

Flow4421

Do you also have this type of teachers, which clearly do not care if you can handle the work they give? Sometimes, they give homework as if we did not have other classes, and it is becoming overwhelming, even though I'm only in my first year of IB, but with IAs all coming at once in all the subjects... It is really becoming stressful.

Do you,or have you felt the same way as me?

• Like 1

Sure, But for me, i never do stupid homework. When my teacher gave me some rubbish useless homework that would not help my study at all, i just ignore it...... Consequence is detention , but i couldn't care less.... I am just gonna study and do my work anyway.

Edited by Guest

Sure, But for me, i never do stupid homework. When my teacher gave me some rubbish useless homework that would not help my study at all, i just ignore it...... Consequence is detention , but i couldn't care less.... I am just gonna study and do my work anyway.

Haha, yeah but sometimes they get all excited about the work they give -_-' I really pity some of them hahaha, yeah, I do just like you, witht he exception that I don't even go to detentions; I spend 6 hours of my 24 hour day in school, don't expect me to go for detentions. I did not go for a single detention since 2011.

Haha, yeah but sometimes they get all excited about the work they give -_-' I really pity some of them hahaha, yeah, I do just like you, witht he exception that I don't even go to detentions; I spend 6 hours of my 24 hour day in school, don't expect me to go for detentions. I did not go for a single detention since 2011.

Good for you. I have the greatest number of detentions in my entire school. :P

Edited by Guest

Yeah, my history teacher did that to us. She kept telling us, "Oh guys, this isn't too much of a load, is it? I mean, I'm barely giving you guys anything....etc."

And I spent more time on history than bio or my two SLs that actually matter this year. -.- So irritating. And we didn't even learn anything, it was literally a repeat of American history that we took in grade 10. 

And then for chemistry, I think my teacher is fair but she always dumps all of the labs in every unit in the same week. And it's always that week where units are finishing up in other courses and we have tests all week. It sucks but you live with it.

So yes, Flow4421, I most definitely have felt and do feel what you're feeling. I'm also in year 1 and the jump from MYP to IB was huge for me. I had a tough first semester as well, for someone who didn't have much of an idea of how IB worked. But you'll live and you'll even do well, I promise :) Give yourself breaks whenever you feel overwhelmed. For myself, I've learned that when I'm overwhelmed by the workload, I do not work efficiently AT ALL. I just keep thinking of all the work I have and do a little bit of everything but never actually get it done leading to late nights. But with ten minutes of relaxing and calming down, I am able to focus on one thing at a time and finish it. 

I think what it is with teachers and heavy workloads is that they really do believe we're able to handle it all. But when every teacher thinks that...well, it doesn't work out well

Edited by IbTrojan

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't call it unfair but all my IB teachers make fun of each other and my physics teacher always says, "but you have no social life" and gives us 30 questions for homework.

My chemistry teacher says "what else would you do on the weekends?"

My English teacher seems to think that it only takes an hour to retread and annotate an entire Shakespeare play...

• Like 1