Help with choosing IB

PublicDanemy

Hi, i'm new to this forum and I was wondering if I could get any help on subject choice. I study at a relatively small high school in Darwin and i was wondering what would be a recommended MYP score for the end of year ten if i wanted to study chemical engineering. I'm pretty confident with maths and chemistry at the moment, but I've only just started year ten and I'm really not too sure on the quality of the subjects here compared to other schools.

Basically so far the maths and chemistry we are doing is very simple, and myp uses the same scoring system as IB. i'm a straight seven student, i'm just a bit worried that i won't be prepared for next year.  i was just wondering if there was any benchmarks i should set myself or a certain level i need to be at if I wanted to do hl Chemistry and Math.

Well we had a similar system in my school, we called it pre-ib. I can tell you for sure that IB is nothing compared to MYP (at least at my school). The workload and responsibilities are entirely different. But don't let that scare you, because it will only get harder from here. I was a straight 7 student in pre-ib without putting any extra effort into it. Now I still maintain that status, but I have to do a whole lot more work, and I barely have time for anything else. But IB is definitely worth doing, if you are up for the challenge. My advice to you would be to prepare yourself for the chemistry and physics curriculum in advance, it shouldn't be too hard. And if you are taking a second language at school, study that language as much as you can. Because in IB, they expect you to have a quite high level of proficiency in that language (you need to comprehend and know a lot of subject specific vocabulary , ex; economics). Welcome to Ib survival :D

• Like 1