Works in Translation topic help?

ashley98

For my works in translation paper I was looking at Ghosts by Henrik Ibsen and I decided to analyze how Ibsen used the traits inherited by Regina from her parents to show that selfishness is necessary for success. I looked at all the traits she inherited from Alving, Engstrand and Joanna and how it lead Regina to be successful in the sense that she was able to escape the duty bound fate like Mrs. ALving. However, my teacher said this was superficial and read more like a thematic character sketch than an essay. I need to figure out how to go deeper with my topic or how to approach this topic (or one similar too it) differently. I also don't understand how to approach the WL itself? I know it should not be a 3 body paragraph essay but I don't know how else to write an essay! Please help!

I think that's a good start, to be honest. However, perhaps expand on how these things affected the story itself and how these traits allowed her to escape? Not sure if that's what you were asking but hope it helps!

Thanks! I think that should help me take my topic a little deeper. I was wondering if you had any advice on how to organize the wit paper too?