University choices

Shreyashi.98

Hi Everyone, 

I am currently in IB year 1 and in about 2 months I will be having interviews with my careers counsellors about my university choices. I have decided on pursuing an BSc in Biochemistry however I am a bit confused when I am doing my research. 

The top universities which I am inclined towards are Imperial College of London, UCLA, United College of London. However, I had heard some people in my school talk highly about the biochemistry course at MIT. Do any of you know a bit more about it since I can't exactly find a lot of information on their website. They have an undergrad course in biology but because of the whole 1st year is undeclared major I am not sure if they actually offer the discipline of my interest. Also if you know any more universities that has a good program please do recommend. 

Many thanks for your help! 

Well what kind of university do you want to attend? A big one, or a small one? One in a rural area, or one in the middle of the city? One that has nice weather year round? Once you've done that, go look up some rankings for undergraduate biochemistry programs in the US. Then decide what interests you. I could list of 100 different decent universities that offer biochemistry degrees but that doesn't do you any good if they're all located in the midwestern United States and you don't want to study there.