History or French SL?

Annesant98

Hi! I'm going into IB after summer, and I am struggling deciding subjects. So far I've chosen:

Norwegian A HL

English B HL

Economics HL

Biology SL

Mathematical Studies SL

I need to choose between French B SL or History SL. I don't really any of the subjects, and I have little interest in them, really.. Which one would I be better of choosing? Which is easier to get a 6 or 7 in?

In Norway, we have grades from 1-6, and I get a strong 5 with little effort.

I would say play your strengths. Sounds cliched, but thats the truth. If you are better at languages, French is obvious. If dates, and essays are your things, it is my opinion that History would be a better option. I take History HL, and there is a lot of essay work. You need to know your dates, historians, facts etc. But since I enjoy it, it's loads of fun. 

Hence, I suggest that you play to your strengths. If you are not sure, you can always approach your guidance counsellor, or maybe a senior (someone doing IB), and ask him/her for their opinion. Your parents can and should help you, because they can give insights onto what suits your personality and college/career aims.

Hope this helps you. 

King112

If you plan on going abroad for further education, I would suggest French but if you took Econ knowing that you want to pursue something in that field, I'd suggest history. It depends on what you plan/think on doing after school. And definitely play to your strengths, I know you say you don't like both of them but think about it. You'll be taking either one for 10 months, which one would you rather do. Which one do you think you'd do best at? Which one will benefit you more?

Bonne chance avec ton choix! :P