Ending Procrastination

omgee

Just tell yourself, hey, get your ****ing work done. If you want to sleep, get it ****ing done right now!

Works for me. 

and mark everything out a few days before hand, for example, i say most of my submissions are due about 3-7 days before they really are, so i prep beforehand  :proud:

Edited by Award Winning Boss
Removed bad language
  • Like 4

Procrastination isn't exactly always a bad thing, sometimes it can tell you that you're doing it the wrong way, or your workflow is unorganised. The solution is to plan to do as little as work as you can afford and to think of what to do after your done working instead of thinking of what how long or hard the work is.

Edited by Ammar Ashoor
  • Like 1

I really struggled the first months of the IB with too much procrastination. What I did to significantly decrease the time spent on other things than on school work was to delete the 9GAG app and all the games I had on my phone. Then I also deleted all the games I had on my PC and unsubscribed from Netflix. 

In the beginning it was a bit boring but now I've gotten used to it. :)

• 5 months later...

Honestly, I read this great article on procrastinating which everyone should read whenever they get the chance. Here's the short version of it:

You procrastinate because you have a preformed identity of your beliefs, standards, and your own expectations of yourself. A common core reason for procrastinating is that we think that the work we do/produce will not meet those standards. This is especially true with people who are perfectionists and want to get everything right (like me!) 

So what you should do is just GET STARTED. Most of the time once you get started and moving, it all becomes much easier.

On a side note, if you want to improve at something in the long run, the key is doing a little bit everyday. This may sound cliche but it has worked for me. In the beginning, it's more about forming a habit of doing it, rather than actually making a lot of progress. As little as 5 to 15 minutes a day of whatever when starting out can makes things work out.

Hope I helped!

I've tried everything. EVERYTHING. And yet procrastinating seems to be something innate, something inevitable.

The things I've tried:

- delete potentially procrastination-inducing websites from 'Top Sites'

- delete movies, shows from my laptop

- making a list of things to do and stay up if I couldn't finish it because of procrastination

- etc etc

Nonetheless, I'm hoping that if I become desperate and alert enough due to actual exam + university, I'll stop procrastinating. Someday...

• 5 months later...