Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest croixvee

Absences = Mental Health Days?

47 posts in this topic

have you ever missed a day of school just to finish homework?

absolutely, not need to feel/be stuck. Screw stress and integrity, take that day off (just not too many).

Well, I've missed a few days of school because I didn't feel like going. In fact I will do that tomorrow, because I don't have a lot of lessons tomorrow.

I went to school every day last year. I faked sickness twice to go home early and work on something for school, in order tomeet a deadline. Let me tell you, once you mention throwing up they let you go.

I think I need a mental health day every once in awhile. But I don't want to get into the habit....Because of this thing called senoritis. I might get it.

I've never...NEVER missed a day of school!

Well actually i've missed ONE day when my lungs were so bad that i couldn't even get up the stairs without nearly dying :)

...and I still wanted to go to school but my mum wouldn't let me :)

Yeah, last year (IB 1) I took a few mental health days (2 or 3? I can't remember).

At the time I felt they were rather necessary :)

I've never...NEVER missed a day of school!

Well actually i've missed ONE day when my lungs were so bad that i couldn't even get up the stairs without nearly dying

...and I still wanted to go to school but my mum wouldn't let me

Oh aren't you little Mr Goody Goody :) . It depends on the workload really. If there's nothing to go for, why go then?

are you kidding me?! lool I took every chance I could to miss school/ditch class, now now I'm not acting all cool :) so yea not really the cool kid, was a bit of the nerd :)

No... but I must admit to being REALLY frustrated when people who *could* have finished the IAs didn't, and instead took the day off to finish it. That just grates.

I do, however, decide to miss the occasional class... say, once a week? I've been to most this semester though.

muahahahahahahahhaahha...

i skip every other day. therefor i dont get homework. hahah.

My school as well as other schools in my region, are really strict in attendance. If people are absence for more than 10 days they are not given credit for that class, meaning they failed the class. I wonder if other school's enforce this or a similar policy on attendance.

haha I plan to do the same for first day of Uni :blush:

My school as well as other schools in my region, are really strict in attendance. If people are absence for more than 10 days they are not given credit for that class, meaning they failed the class. I wonder if other school's enforce this or a similar policy on attendance.

If we miss two periods of any class - and these are 'unexplained' (ie you couldn't tell your way out of wagging) then you fail the class.

If we miss two periods of any class - and these are 'unexplained' (ie you couldn't tell your way out of wagging) then you fail the class.

wow that's harsh

My teachers don't really care much. It's our education, and especially since we're IB kids, they believe that we are mature enough to make the right decisions....

they're such idealists :P

When there's a huge exam in the afternoon, our morning classes suddenly have half the class members missing LOL

hell yes.

see i wish i could do that with ia's, wl's and ee deadlines but the seniors all did that - so now my school is strict on absents.

if your sick you should send it to the teachers email address or bring it to school, THEN go home

if not, u fail.

i knwo. its so harsh but deadlines are deadlines i guess

i've never had to i just stay up late and wake up early to finish an assignment but i have a feeling i might have to this year

Not really no although I do know people who have.

However, I have missed school due to the fact that I need to work but at the same time - I also feel quiet sick. I try to go to school even when I am sick so when I miss school, I am simply too sick to go to school but then there has been times when I feel very weak or a bit sick and know I also have a lot of schoolwork to do and decided to go home to do them in peace.

Edited by Afterglow

in our class you can usually tell if we have deadlines... then half of the people are missing the week before :P I usually don't. I often do some homework during the boring lessons - just sit in the backrow and no one notices. or I sleep during the lessons and work at home :P

sometimes I take a 'day off' when I'm really f***ed up, but then I usually don't spend the whole day working, on the contrary, I go for a run or swimming or on a really lonk biking trip... just to calm down a bit :P that's mental health :P

I have. It wasn't like it was an immediate necessity to finish the homework then, but at one point I had a few outstanding projects and finished them. I finished up Biology notes, English Journals, History reading, and Chemistry notes. I try to make it a point to finish something if I happen to miss school. I'm not repeating my sophomore slump phase! :P

Erm, guilty. I've had to skip a few classes which were spent in the library studying for exams in more demanding subjects as well. I love "rest days" but I miss so much school for other stuff as it is, so I usually have to keep 'em to a minimum.

Welll mmm... Last year I did not miss a single day of school. This well I missed school one day because I was sick and I fell sooooooo sorry about that because I missed a surprise math quiz :) , really, really bad for my grades....