Absences = Mental Health Days?

Guest croixvee

Guest NicoleMarie

I went to school every day last year. I faked sickness twice to go home early and work on something for school, in order tomeet a deadline. Let me tell you, once you mention throwing up they let you go.

I think I need a mental health day every once in awhile. But I don't want to get into the habit....Because of this thing called senoritis. I might get it.

I've never...NEVER missed a day of school!

Well actually i've missed ONE day when my lungs were so bad that i couldn't even get up the stairs without nearly dying

...and I still wanted to go to school but my mum wouldn't let me

Oh aren't you little Mr Goody Goody :) . It depends on the workload really. If there's nothing to go for, why go then?

My school as well as other schools in my region, are really strict in attendance. If people are absence for more than 10 days they are not given credit for that class, meaning they failed the class. I wonder if other school's enforce this or a similar policy on attendance.

If we miss two periods of any class - and these are 'unexplained' (ie you couldn't tell your way out of wagging) then you fail the class.

If we miss two periods of any class - and these are 'unexplained' (ie you couldn't tell your way out of wagging) then you fail the class.

wow that's harsh

My teachers don't really care much. It's our education, and especially since we're IB kids, they believe that we are mature enough to make the right decisions....

they're such idealists :P

When there's a huge exam in the afternoon, our morning classes suddenly have half the class members missing LOL

Guest cl0ckw0rk0range
have you ever missed a day of school just to finish homework?

hell yes.

see i wish i could do that with ia's, wl's and ee deadlines but the seniors all did that - so now my school is strict on absents.

if your sick you should send it to the teachers email address or bring it to school, THEN go home

if not, u fail.

i knwo. its so harsh but deadlines are deadlines i guess

Not really no although I do know people who have.

However, I have missed school due to the fact that I need to work but at the same time - I also feel quiet sick. I try to go to school even when I am sick so when I miss school, I am simply too sick to go to school but then there has been times when I feel very weak or a bit sick and know I also have a lot of schoolwork to do and decided to go home to do them in peace.

Edited by Afterglow