EE formatting- common problems?

aangel

Hi guys, 

I am an IB graduate and university student- I currently assist in formatting postgraduate and some undergraduate documents. So mainly honours year dissertations, a few masters students thesis, and multiple assignments. I generally charge by the hour and this is all quite simple, the send me the document I format, they pay, I send the new pretty document to them.  However recently I was asked by a few IB students to help them but they are reluctant to hand over their draft EE to me to format. Now to be clear, I do not proofread, I just format (make it look professional, make it flow, make it look pretty). I have told them I could just do it for them in an hour or so, and they have nothing to worry about. However the are still quite shy. 

So instead they asked if they could be taught how to format their EE and bring in their friends, and then they can go off and do it themselves with occasional assistance from me. I am happy to do this, and know how I would deliver such a tutorial to a class of postgraduates so I can adjust this to meet my new audience. 

Is there anything you wish you knew about formatting your EE? OR if any university students are out there, from your experience with assessment formatting at university is there anything that would have saved you time or your sanity in your IB days?

Cheers guys
Sorry if I rambled on