Deciding on an IA topic

Neeliegya

So my chem teacher threw us the task of coming up with an IA topic, though I doubt I have sufficient chem knowledge when we're barely past the beginning chapters in the textbook... 

Anyways, I was thinking of measuring factors affecting the viscosity of thickening agents, such as flour, corn starch.  Should I compare between more than one thickening agent?

Is it way too easy? Broad? Unoriginal?

I'm sorry, but I'm a real chemistry newb...!

I don't think it's that important to be original in choosing your IA topics. But the content such as Data Collection, Designs and Conclusion & Evaluation should be original. Find a sample/outline in making IB Chemistry IA. Plus, it doesn't have to be that specific or that are related to a certain topic that you have/have not learned before. Sometimes even simple experiment can gain complete score because it's based on how you design and conduct the experiment.

Is it way too easy? Broad? Unoriginal?

I think this is quite good and original because not so many people have done it before. However, you gotta be careful, because I’m afraid that this topic might step into the domain of physics rather than chemistry. Make sure you ask your teacher first before proceed!

• Like 2