Chem IA - Conclusion and Evaluating

jylee23

Hi :) I am writing a Chemistry rate of reaction IA and I am a little bit confused about what I have to do for Conclusion and Evaluation. It would be extremely helpful if anyone could write what I should include. Also, what should be the ideal length of conclusion? 

Thank you so much!! 

Hi :) I am writing a Chemistry rate of reaction IA and I am a little bit confused about what I have to do for Conclusion and Evaluation. It would be extremely helpful if anyone could write what I should include. Also, what should be the ideal length of conclusion? 

Thank you so much!! 

There isn't really any ideal length, but points you have to follow.

1) You should include patterns or trends that were observed, relationships, etc.

2) More qualitative observations

3) State the data's reliability (are there any anomaly data points?)

4) Calculate the percentage error and compare to literature value

5) Evaluate the method - is it reliable? Comment on some sources of errors.

6) Calculate the total percentage uncertainty - then you gotta compare it to the percentage error

7) Table for weaknesses and limitations (don't forget to state the source of error for each :) whether it's random or systematic)

Hope this helps!!

• Like 1

Baller97 gave a pretty accurate list as to what you need to include. 

I know when I write mine, I add some of those things in a discussion section rather than in the evaluation. 
What I add are the weaknesses/limitations and possible solutions to either avoid them or improve them (based on the rubric) and extensions for the lab conducted. 

And when stating your conclusion, remember to include your answer to your question, whether the hypothesis was supported or not, and all uncertainties with percent error where applicable

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much!! 

1) You should include patterns or trends that were observed, relationships, etc.

6) Calculate the total percentage uncertainty - then you gotta compare it to the percentage error

7) Table for weaknesses and limitations (don't forget to state the source of error for each :) whether it's random or systematic)

Hope this helps!!

Thank you so much!! and for literature values, do we search it on the internet? because I am having trouble finding it... 

Thank you so much!! 

Hope this helps!!

Thank you so much!! and for literature values, do we search it on the internet? because I am having trouble finding it... 

No problem :) Yeah you should find the values on the internet.