History Extended Essay Help!

elaura123

Hey! I'm supposed to be starting my extended essay soon (I'm in my first year of the IB diploma), and I want to somehow compare Stalin and Hitler. I want to see (maybe) how their abusive fathers impacted their ruling styles? But I'm struggling to come up with a good essay title! If you have a suggestion for an EE question, please let me know!!! Also if you have any other suggestions about this topic, (german/russian history)- it doesn't have to be about their abusive fathers, please let me know down below!! Thank you  :D  :D  :D

I feel like you can write a lot to compare and contrast Stalin and Hitler. But my experience with my extended essay is that 4,000 words is not a lot! Not for history! You can't have a topic too big that you will not be able to analyse as much as you want, hence your topic should be detailed, or just do one leader.But you do need to have a lot of sources to be able to write a 4,000 word essay. 

Your topic is specific enough that you can definitely write a 4,000 word essay, but I don't know how much resources you will be able to find on your essay! Having enough sources to analyse is important, I was struggling to write my essay because my topic was on the political structure of the Khmer Rouge. So if you do have a lot of resources on the abusive fathers of Hitler and Stalin, maybe then you should choose it! That is my small two cent on your topic. 

I am sure whatever you do, it will end up being an amazing essay, do talk to your supervisor and ask them for help! that is why they are there!