Japanese B Individual Oral

I just had my oral yesterday and I am worried that I did really bad.

First, I feel like I used too many simple structures and made some grammar and spelling mistakes.

Also, one time, when I tried to form a bit more advanced sentence, my mind went blank so I stammered for a few seconds.

I thought I was prepared, but I could have done MUCH better.

My questions are:

Is it common for people to make those mistakes in individual oral? 

Also, how good does the oral have to be to get... let's say a 5 or more?

Thank you.

Edited by w1ngs

My questions are:

Is it common for people to make those mistakes in individual oral? 

Also, how good does the oral have to be to get... let's say a 5 or more?

Thank you.

1) It's not uncommon. Everybody knows that exam conditions are stessful and this can happen to the best. But if it will be accounted for or not, is another question. More about this, below.

2)I would say the criteria for oral exams, and in particular the execution of these is somewhat vague. Despite the efforts of the IB to make it objective, it still depends in a significant part on the techaer/examiner who marks your performance. In my German B class we all got lower marks for oral exams (it was 2 grades lower than written exams in my case), and we all knew it was because the teachers marking this exam were really strict. I'm not aware of any regulations as to the number of mistakes allowed, I assume they don't exist in the same way they would for a written assessment. So the conclusion is.... that the answer to this question from a non-teacher/examiner position is virtually impossible. XD

Personally I don'think your mistakes will significantly affect your mark. And since the oral exam is a minor part of your final grade, this makes the significance of a single mistake even lower. Anyway, you can't change anything about it now, so why worry?

Edited by Slovakov