In the case of Lance Armstrong and other big sports stars, why did it take so long for the government to intervene in these cases? Is this good?

kankuroaltice

If the topic title is your presentation title, it doesn't seem to be relevant to TOK.  I mean, for the first part, the government of any country itself had little to do with anti-doping actions (unless it's Italy where you can go to jail for doping). And "why did it take so long" would be better for a historical analysis of the connection between the organizers of Tour de France, the UCI and Armstrong's team (in this case). 

And for the "Is this good?" part: what is meant to be good? The delay? The anti-doping actions? The consequences? And what does "good" even mean here? In what way good, and for whom? It's off-topic for TOK and it would be way too much for eve a set of hour-long lectures, not to mention a short presentation. The topic has filled quite a few more or less interesting books so you surely won't be able to discuss all these aspects during a single presentation/

What you should do for a presentation is: first find a general topic - you have one, but make it shorter and more specific. You also have a good real-life situation - the Armstrong case was widely broadcasted (although as a cycling freak I must say that this opinion of cycling as doping-dominated sport is unfair). Now you have to find a general knowledge issue which is related to the problem; and there are lots here! I don't want to define one for you, but just see how many aspects come in to play here: we have moral values, money, ambition, competition, media, criminal actions..... Just life!

So it's the start, and once you have these things, it will all get simpler and should go its natural way.

Edited by Slovakov
  • Like 1