Can I get kicked out of IB MYP for an F?!?

dim_rift

Last marking period (MP3), I had 3 A's 3 B's and one F in math.  My math teacher first off is a terrible teacher and just gives us textbook work then a test.  So like every other marking period I aced all the textbook work, but when the test came around I had little time, and half the material was not taught or was different and difficult.  I got a 43 on one test, and a 64 on the other.  This gave me a 63.4 in the class and I failed it.  Can I be kicked out for failing one class. I'm in 8th grade in VA, please help and fast answers are appreciated.

Really depends on your high school. It's their decision whether or not to keep you in MYP.

Edit: Also may want to check your state laws for what they say about kids failing a class.

Edited by Guest

First of all, it is important that you calm down. Your overall results are good, and one F shouldn't be a huge problem. Maths is an important subject but I'm sure you can always talk to your teacher and ask for extra help so that you can pass. Maybe you can retake the exam or do an extra project to bring your grade up?

There are definitely some solutions, keep your head up and try to focus more on maths :)